Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

ISO: Retail/consumer grade dual channel digital proportional setup for prototype. Need suggestions!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ISO: Retail/consumer grade dual channel digital proportional setup for prototype. Need suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:21 AM
salukikev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO: Retail/consumer grade dual channel digital proportional setup for prototype. Need suggestions!

Hi all- it's been a while since I've visited here, but I'm back with a question regarding another prototype I'm working on.

Basically, I'm looking for a retail (ie. Radio Shack) R/C toy that I can rip the electronics out of. The hard part is the requirement that it be dual channel for (for a skid steering setup), and even harder- that both channels be digital proportional.

This is for a toy prototype, and I will need a simple Tx too- not like a Futaba, Nikko, or anything professional at all- in fact, the further from professional, and the closer to something you'd see in the toy aisle at Target the better. I don't care what type of vehicle its from so long as it meets those guidelines (ie. tank, car, boat, plane, etc...)

Any suggestions as to where I might find a toy that I could hack the electronics from would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much for any help!
-kevin

Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Moontan13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ISO: Retail/consumer grade dual channel digital proportional setup for prototype. Need suggestions!

No need to hack a toy:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10608

You have to be patient though. Ordering from HK has been taking about a month for delivery, and the US site is backordered on this item.