Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

t-maxx startup

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 04:27 AM
CanopyFx
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx startup

OK guys I got the T-maxx started and was following the directions for break in. It said to drive it around slow. AS I gave it throttle it did not move. Am I supose to adjust the clutch or somthing??? The motor reves up but no movement. The trans fly wheel moves a bit but never as fast as the engine. HELP

Joe
Old 04-14-2002, 11:55 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Default t-maxx startup

If the flywheel is slipping, you will have to pull the engine and tighten it. Remove the clutch bell, and shoes. You should see the nut there. Before you go through this, make sure it is slipping and that the speed difference is not an optical illusion.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:31 PM
Tony Pacini

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-Maxx startup

Be careful! These things come very rich from the factory; if you call their techline and say "it won't move when I give it throttle" they will more than likely tell you "bury it" (the throttle). Word of caution: mine came with the trans linkage so misadjusted that it was stuck in NEUTRAL. Buried the throttle, over-revved the engine, threw the rod . Sent it back to Traxxas, they repaired it and sent it back (evidently didn't test it as I requested). Tried it again, same thing (revved but wouldn't move) . Re-adjusting the transmission linkage solved the problem.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:05 PM
CanopyFx
My Feedback: (6)

Default t-maxx startup

I got it figured out. I was too rich. The Engine was not spinning up to speed to engage the transmission. Leaned it out a bit and it took off like a champ. Thansk for all the help

Joe