Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My HL tanks are not fancy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My HL tanks are not fancy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
DeadTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My HL tanks are not fancy

My HL tanks are not even broken in yet let alone painted/weathered but my 4 year old Grandson loves them. He can drive them really well but he is still working on the turret and gun elevation.
In the picture the KV1 and the Tiger are both setup with the HL IR and when I get more time I will convert the Pan-tiger and the M26 to the HL IR so I can get a couple of more people battling with us.
It is all worth it when my little guy says "Tanks are soooo cool poppa" I gave hime his first rc tank when he was 2 years old and now 2 years of abuse later that little Abrams is still working great. He's my little gear head.
Tom

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72040.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1585759  
Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 AM
HondoBob

Default RE: My HL tanks are not fancy

You have a flying tank!  I'm jealous.  Looks like you have a really good combined arms team going there!</p>
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM
DirtyBird69

wow...I wish had a grandpa like you lol.....I was into this stuff as a kid but my grandpa(I miss him dearly) was more of a hunter/fisherman......but he did take me to the airport to watch the airplanes every weekend so we still had "our" thing. Your grandson will definately remember these little things when he gets older...

p.s. I'm really "feelin" the Cobra, very cool!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, you lost the tracks on the Cobra? Believe the Bronx Zoo is looking for it. I have a 10 mo. old grand son....if I can get Daddy to get him away from the motorcycle long enough, I may introduce him to a tank. My son used to drive mine and I got him into an Abrams, so knows the fun involved in a tank.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the reason I'm starting with this hobby with my son is 5. He and I got the VS Tank Pro IR versions last fall and has been asking for the bigger tanks to battle with your group (HEAT Armor) in Danville, VA. I hope when he grows up, he will remember all the little things in life that we did together that I didn't have with my father or grandfather. Thanks for sharing fellas.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 PM
DeadTom

Thanks for the kind words guys; yes my Grandfather was a hunter as my Father and I still go deer hunting. My Father braved the Reno Air Races with my older brother and I through many many years of racing and on occasion my Grandfather would join us...I do miss he and my Grandmother very much.
I also have my little guy practicing on my flight sims and his aunt got him a little IR helicopter that is very strong as he has really abuses that poor thing trying to get it to fly.
The idea is to keep the kids involved with real world things that have meaning and value, not to mention fun.
Keep up the fine work gentlemen,
Tom

PS - The Cobra was just too cool to not put in the pics and it flies really nice too