Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

ETHANOL FREE GAS!!! WEBSITES.

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

ETHANOL FREE GAS!!! WEBSITES.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETHANOL FREE GAS!!! WEBSITES.

I recently started flying gassers and understand that ethanol while controversial can affect the performance of certain engines.I know boaters hate etanol as it can trash a good motor.and given the opportunity most rc gas users would also prefer ethanol free gas.I am usually the last person to get the scopes but I found a very useful website to locate ethanol gas free stations thru out the us and canada.

just type in "Pure-Gas .org." you'll be3 suprised where you can get it.its a bit pricer than regular 87 octane but in the grand scheme of things its a lot nicer to be rid of that damn ethanol.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 AM
dragonbuilder
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ETHANOL FREE GAS!!! WEBSITES.

Isn't AV-GAS alcohol free?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just took a look at the site, and Connecticut or Massachusettes aren't listed. Bummer. [&o][]

FB
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

run pump gas for years in my gas engines with no issues at all.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM
gade600sdi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THere is mixed feedback on ethanol as to how it impacts pumps and diaphrams in walbro carbs. I think the new stuff may be made of materials that ethanol won't attack, but I dont trust it. I look for ethanol free any chance I can get.

Worst is there is a lot of push to move to E-15 nationwide, 15% ethanol. That will kill performance and cause lots of problems because the shelf life is short with ethanol mixed in.

I fully expect to have to go buy racing gas soon VP or something like that and pay $6-8 a gallon for it so you can get ethanol free. I guess its not that bad compared to $20 a gallon for glow fuel though, the problem is where to find it.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

and it will raise our food prices as farmers will want to sell their corn for ethanol and not for food.....

Our Government at work
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

We need to vote them all out of office....eventually. All of the ones that pushed for this. It's a crock of crap.

Meanwhile we should buy our gas at these places if we can. Just make sure to call them first. I know a guy on another forum that drove to the station only to find they were actually 10% ethanol. He found another place, called them first, and they had the real deal. So you can't trust this website 100%. It's maintained by anybody that has a pc.
http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp
Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
hanko

my son and I switched to Av gas this spring, so far all our fuel line are nice and plyable, and not one carb diaphram issue. The engines run great, spark plugs stay nice and clean. Except for the $5.50 a gal, I really like it. were buying 10 gallons at time. As far as the price, I look at like we used to pay $15 a gallon for the nitro slimers
Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

I see a lot of Conoco and Phillips. Does that mean they don't use ethenol in any of their gas?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:59 AM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Uncas

I see a lot of Conoco and Phillips. Does that mean they don't use ethanol in any of their gas?
You can't assume that for all of their gas stations. I think there's rules for how a station can carry non-ethanol gas. Don't remember what they are.

The Senate just voted against an Ethanol measure with our gasoline. Seems like it's on its way out. There's a huge cost to tax payers for Ethanol. The gov subsidizes ethanol gas to the tune of like 60 cents per gallon. It'll take a while but it seems the gov can't afford it anymore. Waste of money...and lots of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_senate_ethanol
Old 06-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Zeeb

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

The Senate just voted against an Ethanol measure with our gasoline. Seems like it's on its way out.
We can only hope it's on it's way out but the Senate vote was only to remove the subsidy, not the mandate....

As for the AvGas crowd/question; this is a bit like the "which oil" question and has been beat to death around here and other forums. Suffice to say that DA will void your engine warranty if you have issues and send it back for service and they CAN tell if that's what you've been running. IIRC, BME recommends AvGas but I think that has more to do with getting a higher octane rated gas.

As an A&P mechanic who's seen what that d*mn blue crap does to full scale air cooled engines, I wouldn't use it in ANYTHING but a full scale and then only because that's all you can get unless you 'wanna play STC auto fuel for the few engines which can have that done.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 PM
hanko

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

The Senate just voted against an Ethanol measure with our gasoline. Seems like it's on its way out.
We can only hope it's on it's way out but the Senate vote was only to remove the subsidy, not the mandate....

As for the AvGas crowd/question; this is a bit like the ''which oil'' question and has been beat to death around here and other forums. Suffice to say that DA will void your engine warranty if you have issues and send it back for service and they CAN tell if that's what you've been running. IIRC, BME recommends AvGas but I think that has more to do with getting a higher octane rated gas.

As an A&P mechanic who's seen what that d*mn blue crap does to full scale air cooled engines, I wouldn't use it in ANYTHING but a full scale and then only because that's all you can get unless you 'wanna play STC auto fuel for the few engines which can have that done.

What does that blue crap do to air colled engines Zeeb? I think this is going to be funny
Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

Taking away the money certainly helps but you made a good point.