Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

fuel question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
russ81072

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel question?

Hey guys, i just got a savage and bought the odonells racing fuel, i was reading that the rtr models need a higher oil content
to maintain the temps, The odonells has 8% synthetic oil in it. Is this a good fuel to run for bashing or do you guys think i should go with the r2r fuel from odonells, it has 12% oil in it.
i did break the motor in with the racing fuel tho and i was just wondering if going higher oil content would mess up the performance of the motor.</p>
Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM
llkoolskillet

Default RE: fuel question?

From day one ive run nothing but O'donnels. Never ever had an issue with and love the smell of it. Currently run 30% with either a cold plug or med cold plug. For my other trucks i run a MC-59 w 30% no issues.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
steed2-inactive

12 percent oil is fine. i have been running 20-12 for a long time with no issues. (byrons)
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i'd say the 8% is good if you feel good tuning it and keeping an eye on temps, there shouldn't be much of an issue unless you're breaking it in

the lug
Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
sansei69

HELLO, I WUOLD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO RUN A 4 STROKE ENGINE AFTER 4 YEARS OF NO RUNNING THE ENGINE AT ALL.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE ADVISE
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 AM
russ81072

hey thanks guys, i will stick with the odonells racing fuel since thats what i used to break it in.i run it a little on the rich side now anyways since the over here has been
crappy, got to love chicago weather. i plan on taking it to local dunes over here soon and doing some bashing when the weather breaks a little.
i will try and get some video to post for you guys when i do. it seems to berunning good, although i have been babying it since i got it.
oh and i am running a MC#8 plug in it to.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: sansei69

HELLO, I WUOLD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO RUN A 4 STROKE ENGINE AFTER 4 YEARS OF NO RUNNING THE ENGINE AT ALL.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE ADVISE
[:-]