Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

opinion on festo for airlines?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

opinion on festo for airlines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 AM
FenderBean

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
Default opinion on festo for airlines?

How do they hold up? I normally use the typical barb attachments, but since I have been looking around I have seen lots of people using them for air. I would think if they are good enough for fuel lines they would not leak with air.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: opinion on festo for airlines?

Festo fittings are designed for use in pressure systems.

In order for them to perform well you have to make sure you use the correct size tubing for the fitting.

For example, if your fitting is 3mm use 3mm tubing not 1/8"

The biggest mistake is people trying to mix Metric and Imperial sizes. They don't work.

Bob
Old 05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Moerig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto, Apart from the cost the only long term downside is the slight collapse of the tube from the spring retainer. But easy to trim tube and get it leak free. barbs tend to leak once tube gets old and stiff. And you need magic fingers to get them on...
Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
FenderBean

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Well can anyone recommend a true 3mm tubing that may be a little stiffer than others. I would think Festo would be much better with a stiff tube than some of the more soft tubing.
Yeah I hate barbs for that very reason.
I really didnt want to go with air for retracts and was going to convert my gear to electric through downNlocked but I just dont want to spend that kind of money plus I already bought a nice air control system.
I figured on my next scale jet I will go electric
Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Jgwright

I find that the softer 3mm tube is better than the stiffer one and much easier to run in the plane. I have used both 3mm and 4mm dia Festo for airlines. The softer polyeurathane pipe does not go stiff with age as far as I can tell. The softer pipe come out of the Festo fittings more easily. I have had to destroy Festo fittings that would not release stiff pipe. If you want barb fittings then Festo make a range of them and used with the soft pipe work without leaking.

John
Old 05-25-2011, 01:27 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Contact Chad at Sin City Jets, he has you covered with tubing, it is all I use and it is the best I have seen yet....and he has it in any color you could want....