Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage x engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
bdgf2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage x engine?

i have the 2011 savage x 4.6 rtr and i like it but the engine has been giving me hell. the first thing is i noticed my carb was loose and then i saw that one of the threaded holes for the rotostart mount broke. i have had hell with the carb being loose, the metal sleeve on the bottom of the carb that slides into the engine is loose on the carb. i have tried all i know but they are only temperary fixes (epoxy, red gasket seal, ect). they work at first but after a good run or two it's loose again so last night i rigged it up with some hay wire (we'll see). don't get me wrong the problems may all be my fault (noobe) anddispitethe problems the engine is a monster and will powerthrough all kinds of stuff. the hpi engines are a bit pricey so i may go withanother brandformy next motor.i read all kinds of good stuff about the picco .28 and the lrp 30. and have found them both for about $180. all i do is play around with it at homeso i don't really need to upgrade as long as i have at least equal performance as the f4.6 i will be satisfied. are the two engines i'm looking at a good choice orare theyoverkill (over priced) for my needs?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
llkoolskillet

Default RE: savage x engine?

They are not over kill but they are alot stronger than the f4.6. I own both of those engines and prefer the picco. With a good pipe and a good tune that engine will surly make your day.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Alain2

My new 2011 4.6 engine came with a brokencasing,the rotostart plateis holding on two bolts since new.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:50 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Call HPI, be NICE, and I'm sure they will fix you up for free.