Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Cheap car recommendation for bachelor party

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cheap car recommendation for bachelor party

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM
nwdiedrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap car recommendation for bachelor party

I am hosting my brothers bachelor party - he requested that we have a few competitions and I would like one of them to be an RC vehicle race. I'd like to be able to race two at a time. I need something rather inexpensive (sub 20.00 range) that will survive an afternoon of racing on a sidewalk. Does anyone have any recommendations?Thank you.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cheap car recommendation for bachelor party

In the price range you refer to are only what we call 'toy grade', as opposed to 'hobby grade' which are the general subject of discussion on this site. A ready to run hobby grade car will involve adding a zero to your suggested price.

In all honesty, I'd suggest heading down to the nearest large toy store and picking a few hard plastic cars you like the look of. Newbright and Tyco immediately spring to mind as reliable toy grade brands.

Good luck! By the way, if you take video (and I'm sure you will!), put it on youtube, and come back and show us.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
electricrc68
Banned

yeah you are not going to find a hobby grade in that price. the least expensive hobby grade i know of is $50.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 AM
nwdiedrich

Thank you for the advice and brand recommendations. Apologies if any folks feel this post is out of place. The very cheapest car at the local hobby shops was 100.00 and of course all the products at Toys R Us looked like they wouldn't last 5 minutes. Just wondering if there was a cheap brand that was generally recognized to hold up better than others.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cheapest, most durable line would probably have to be the Duratrax Evader... but they run just over $100 each. You aren't going to find anything but junk for less than at least $100.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
sloppyG

recommendation... don't bother