Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbyking

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 04:31 PM
GTracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyking

Was thinking of buying some lipos and speed controls from Hobbyking.Has anyone had any bad luck buying from Hobbyking?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:40 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbyking

Mine has been all good, Due too the high volume and cheap stuff you will hear and see problems...
Old 07-17-2011, 05:28 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HK is very reliable, and they have great customer service. They are located in China, so there will be delays and communication hiccups sometimes... but besides that, they have always been great to me.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
sirlordraven

i spend like over 1k over last  year and only thing want bang was a speedie all other stuff been spot on lipos a good for there money and all just buy hard case lipos if you buying them mate they are great
Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM
lawdog185

Only issue(s) I have had was with a bad batch of brushless motors that would stutter and then fail because the end caps were not sealed properly. They were willing to return/replace, but it wasn't worth it to me over a $12 motor. Otherwise, as far as service, etc., no issues.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM
GTracing

Thanks for the info guys.I think I will place an order and see how it goes.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed an order nearly 2 weeks ago, it still hasn't been dispatched, and I paid for rush shipping too. All my items are in stock and 'reserved'. There was a problem with my credit card address not matching my delivery address (common due to the fact I live in Greece, the address format doesn't quite match most forms). They neglected to tell me this, and it wasn't until three days later, after I used their live support and asked them why my order was still pending, and was told I needed to create a support request attaching a scan of my card. I did this 4 working days ago and still have not received a response. When I contacted their live support to ask what was happening for the third day in a row, I was told 'stop contacting us, you cause delay to your order, check your email in a couple of days'.

If it isn't on its way by this time tomorrow, I will be cancelling the order and never using them again.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:32 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie will run their batteries if he has anything that can even use the amp rating of something that they carry, but anything that has the amp rating that he NEEDS (he prefers to run 200a batteries in his SC10 4x4 and XXX-SCT, and minimum 150) is expensive to the point that he'd just rather buy from his LHS.

The Turnigy batteries are good enough, and ThunderbirdJunkie will probably buy a couple for his revisited SCX10 Honcho project, and the Turnigy Accucel 6 is a "good enough" charger...but if you want real HIGH quality stuff, you need to go elsewhere.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

ORIGINAL: GTracing

Thanks for the info guys.I think I will place an order and see how it goes.
Did you place an order? How did you get on?
I have had good results