Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

new cat

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
arctic ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new cat

Hello fellow boaters. I have a question about cat boats. What are the differences between the manufactured hulls. I'm looking in the range of 67 to 73 inches. Typically the mistic style design. Now the question is the difference between them. I see ones in the price range from 500 all the way up to 1500 just for the hull. I know some are made from Carbon fibre Wich would drive the cost up but is there a difference in ride or speed with them? I see central RC, HPR, MHZ, etc all make a similar hull is there a big difference? Thanks for all your input
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
djg-1970

Default RE: new cat

I like the 73" Central myself. looks like a good bang for the buck
Old 08-11-2011, 02:04 PM
wetsleeves

Default RE: new cat

I can only comment on the MHZ Mystic as that is the boat I have. It is true to scale. The sponsons arent as deep so you will need to cut holes in the hatch for the plugs to fit through. No real big deal as you can cover them with air scoops. The HPR Mystic has higher deck so if you wanted to run a motor in each sponson they would fit alot easier. THe RC Mystic I dont know to much about but it looks to be a really nice boat. I would probably go for the RC boat as its in your Home Land and shipping wouldnt be to much. It would be best bang for a buck.