Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo flutter/glitching

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 PM
MRGierut013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo flutter/glitching

A couple nights ago, I was m messing around on the street with my Revo 3.3. I'm using a Futaba 3PL 2.4 ghz system, a Duratrax Failsafe, and a Futaba servo for my throttle. I noticed the truck started surging while I was off the throttle. I though it might have been due to low voltage in the radio, the screen read 5.0V. The next day I changed the 4 AA batteries and the same thing was happening, the reciever pack is charged as well (Maxamps 1600). I started the kit again and held it off the ground in an attemt to recreate the problem so I could verify the throttle servo was indeed acting up. Well it did flutter again, all the way to WOT, I shut the radio off so the failsafe would engage the servo to full brake but nothing happend. The red light lit up on the failsafe but it was still going crazy untill I pinched the fuel line.

I only noticed the glitches while the engine was running and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a Futaba 2.4 system having interference problems. The reciever pack is only a few months old, the same goes for the failsafe. There are no problems with the steering servos.

How can I narrow down the faulty part in the system?
<br type="_moz" />
Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo flutter/glitching

Try to remove the failsafe to eventually close it out, it might be this making the servo acting up. 2.4 ghz radios has rarely or never any kind of interference problems, but i know of metal-to-metal contact can cause this, such as aluminium servo horn and metal throttle rods rubbing each other or being too loose and rattling.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 PM
MRGierut013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I think I got it.

The glitches occur with or without the engine running, with or without the failsafe connected, and on channels 1 and 2 if I switch the wires on the reciever.

With that said, it's not radio interference, not a faulty failsafe, and not the reciever. it's the servo. It freaks out every time it gets power and ignores all incoming signals, whether it be from a failsafe or a radio command.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, sounds like a knocked out servo there. You might wanna contact Futaba about it if the servo isn't too old to be covered on the warranty. Or, just get a new one