Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

World's smallest V12 engine (made in Spain)

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

World's smallest V12 engine (made in Spain)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Andika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World's smallest V12 engine (made in Spain)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfTtGCsiD8[/youtube]
Old 11-19-2011, 06:16 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: World's smallest V12 engine (made in Spain)

Impressive, but not much use other than the air engine like they made it, only 2 main bearings, no piston rings, cam and crank are at 1:1 ratio not 1:2, not to mention I wouldn't have used slotted screws EVERYWHERE.

It does look sweet though
Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: rangerfredbob

Impressive, but not much use other than the air engine like they made it, only 2 main bearings, no piston rings, cam and crank are at 1:1 ratio not 1:2, not to mention I wouldn't have used slotted screws EVERYWHERE.

Yeah I was a bit let down that it was an air motor. None the less, it is a work of art.
I was wondering about the slotted screws myself and it led me to believe he made them. He did use torx screws to install the air injection manifolds and exhaust to the block.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:02 AM
the pope

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Yeah I was a bit let down that it was an air motor. None the less, it is a work of art.
I was wondering about the slotted screws myself and it led me to believe he made them. He did use torx screws to install the air injection manifolds and exhaust to the block.
Yea what was he thinking!!!!!! . Obviously he doesnt know sh!@#t from clay.I might be alone her but thats the ducks guts. Cheers the pope
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 AM
rangerfredbob

it's just commentary... we're plane nuts in the gas forum, a lot of people get the same pleasure from spending that 1200 hours making that very cool looking engine to run on display as we do flying... I wasn't trying to be cynical, I'm just an engine nut that likes to be able to put on a bunch of load and hear engines pulled to their knees
Old 11-20-2011, 08:21 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He would get a lot of compliments if he posted it onthe Smokstack website.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/search...archid=3025454

Smokestak.com.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Whistling Death

I enjoyed that video more than you realize, obviously. I do admire the craftsmanship, art really, involved in his project. Since the gentleman featured has skills, that border on watch making,
Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: the pope

ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Yea what was he thinking!!!!!! . Obviously he doesnt know sh!@#t from clay.I might be alone her but thats the ducks guts. Cheers the pope
Hey the pope ....you are alone on that one and should be with that kind of stinking...thinking.............
Old 11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
rangerfredbob

I took it as sarcasm on my criticism... hence my response, hard to display sarcasm in text
Old 11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now this is what i call a hobbyist enjoying his hobby..........not worried about radios, which chineese engine to buy, what time Jedijody will be here to answer questions, which cheep ARF to build for it, which gas line will give the most service without having to look at the tank for the next 20 years, and which gas and OIL to use..............bravo to this hobbyist for taking the time to show the world what a hobby is all about.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really appalled to see that such a beautiful, artful piece of work could draw negative comments. That says a lot about the world we are living in.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes

I was really appalled to see that such a beautiful, artful piece of work could draw negative comments. That says a lot about the world we are living in.
well said..................it's one of the reasons i have left RC.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 PM
HunkaJunk

Impressive craftsmanship.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: summerwind

you left the RC hobby because of a few buttheads in your local club, yet you hang out online with a boatload of them

i love this hobby way too much to even consider leaving because of a few bad apples
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

you left the RC hobby because of a few buttheads in your local club, yet you hang out online with a boatload of them

i love this hobby way too much to even consider leaving because of a few bad apples
No i didn't leave the hobby because of anyone in my club.............i simply left RC , but am now into another type of event, and the only reason i come here is because someone sent me a link to this topic and i have been able to sell all my RC stuff here at RCU...................people like you though is the reason i quit coming here[:-]
Old 11-20-2011, 09:46 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

No i didn't leave the hobby because of anyone in my club.............i simply left RC , but am now into another type of event, and the only reason i come here is because someone sent me a link to this topic and i have been able to sell all my RC stuff here at RCU...................people like you though is the reason i quit coming here[:-]
eat my crap [8D]
Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Pretty pitiful commentary on the RCU community that a post about a beautiful piece of craftsmanship can get derailed and descend to this level.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone also needs to ask if their opinion is worth posting.

Paul
Old 11-21-2011, 08:34 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I watched in total amazement. I have spent many hours at the lathe myself and I was astonished (in a very good way) at this gentleman's work. WOW

Kudos to the millionth power.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM
shakeelsid

I was absolutely fascinated to watch the master at work - not many in the world to parallel him . I am also apalled by some some of the comments here - Yes, its just a reminder that R/C aviation, like many other great things in life, has become too commercial, and thus has room for cheque-book modellers.

Some of us shall try making a slotted head screw by hand, using a file and a nail. May be then we will be able to appreciate these works of art.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 AM
HunkaJunk

ORIGINAL: shakeelsid

I was absolutely fascinated to watch the master at work - not many in the world to parallel him . I am also apalled by some some of the comments here - Yes, its just a reminder that R/C aviation, like many other great things in life, has become too commercial, and thus has room for cheque-book modellers.

Some of us shall try making a slotted head screw by hand, using a file and a nail. May be then we will be able to appreciate these works of art.
Yup, Ihave been a RC pilot off and on since I was a teenager, I have a smallish metal lathe and mill and other metal equipment, I started out converting weedeater engines with my machine shop, Ihave progressed from there, building a couple steam engines and I learned how to make quality cast iron piston rings. Soon I'll tackle building a single cylinder gasser from scratch, and contimue learning from there. I hope someday I can build something like this engine, only gas powered.

But I have also avoided RCU, I didn't log in for over a year, only recently I began coming here again, I see it hasn't changed.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HunkaJunk

ORIGINAL: shakeelsid

Yup, I have been a RC pilot off and on since I was a teenager, I have a smallish metal lathe and mill and other metal equipment, I started out converting weedeater engines with my machine shop, I have progressed from there, building a couple steam engines and I learned how to make quality cast iron piston rings. Soon I'll tackle building a single cylinder gasser from scratch, and contimue learning from there. I hope someday I can build something like this engine, only gas powered.

But I have also avoided RCU, I didn't log in for over a year, only recently I began coming here again, I see it hasn't changed.

If anything, it's gotten worse. What a shame.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: SkidMan

Pretty pitiful commentary on the RC U community that a post about a beautiful piece of craftsmanship can get derailed and descend to this level.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone also needs to ask if their opinion is worth posting.

Paul
+1
The craftsmanship of the V-12 speaks volumes about its' creator. Some of the posts in this thread speak volumes about their creators as well.

jess
Old 11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Where soes it say the engine runs on GAS ?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Antique

Where soes it say the engine runs on GAS ?
Ya...where does it say the engine runs on gas? For that matter where does it say that it cannot be set up too run onsome kind of fuel? I bet it would not take too much to get it to run on Glow fuel. I bet it would sound great too !!!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 PM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

Pretty cool.As for the dude leaving RC, Sorry to hear that. Just my opinion, but you were apparently not that into RC. If you were, you would carless what others say and do it because you love it and it brings you joy. Anyway, I wish you happiness and luck in finding what makes you happy.

Peace

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.