Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

BoLink Eliminator 10: What's it built for?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

BoLink Eliminator 10: What's it built for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 11:19 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BoLink Eliminator 10: What's it built for?

I got a BoLink Eliminator 10 in a trade on here. Wonderful condition. But I was wondering, what is it built for? Asphault, Carpet, Cement, Poured Concrete, or does it not matter? I've been driving it on Asphault and it seems to work fine, until I hit a crack or something. It does like 45-50 MPH but is extremely hard to control because it has huge foam slicks on the rear. So I wanted to ask this question, what's it made for, and is it any good racing in a league? I'm going to start racing in september with the setup below:

- Eliminator 10 Pancar
- Standard Futaba servo
- Trinity R/C Ledgends by boLink motor, not sure how many turns, does anybody know?
- Airtronics Blazer Sport radio AM 75 Mhz
- M-Troniks Tempo ESC 12T motor limit, or something like that. I know I know, it's an offroad racing esc, I took it out of my XXCR Kinwald that I'm also going to race because I'm short on ESC's
- Delta Green Dot 3 Inch Foam Slicks
- RaceTek by BoLink front foams

Anything I should change?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Nate-RCU

This was a great car.I had one years ago that I had got from trading an old 75 stick transmitter.I don't know what was intended for but It works great on carpet and even better on what we called sugar track.I'm sure you know.......sugar and water sprayed down on concrete.That thing flew like crazy and when it hit something........it went airborne.I believe that there were two versions , one full graphite chassis and the other half graghite and nylon fonts.That was mine and although I've long since gotten out of the cars.......cost,I still have it along with vintage others that I don't think people have heard of.

Great car........enjoy

Regards

Nate
Old 08-29-2003, 12:15 AM
bugged
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure whats it made for.
I'd imagen carpet.
your steering problem is becuase you have no rear diff, and the big back tires don't help much either.
I know becuase its very similar to the Digger

I've used digger parts on a car I built, that thing is awesome! incredibly fast for what it is, actually keeps up pretty close with the 'Maxx's, handles really well at about mid speed too.
I've thought about rebuilding it though since I don't like the chassis, but like I've learned many times, "if its working fine, leave it alone!!"
but that doens't mean anything when it comes to the batterys >
gonna try some 7cells ~:O
Old 09-19-2003, 06:45 PM
mtrchamp
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: BoLink Eliminator 10: What's it built for?

I've been using it on concrete and asphault and it's almost impossible to control, I tried it on carpet and the handling is great, it goes faster to, although that's a given since you have more control.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: BoLink Eliminator 10: What's it built for?

well first off it is a carpet racer mostly you can use softer foams and what not for asphalt but like my lynxII if you do not have enough room for the body to create downforce on the rear wheels you will do donuts.

Also just want to make sure you got tha t package i sent you and everything is good