Community
Search
Notices
EvoJet Direct Support When you have questions and need help from the source, discuss the EvoJet here.

Kerosene/Jet A1/Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kerosene/Jet A1/Diesel

Hi Chad,
Jet A1 and Kerosene are obviously okay, but is Diesel an acceptable fuel (with 5% turbine oil) with Evojets? All three of these fuel types has a Kerosene base, so in principle should be okay. But before I go away from Kerosene, I would like some guidance. The reason I ask, is purely based on cost per litre for Jet A and Kero in NZ. Diesel is a whole lot cheaper, and at 6 liters per flight can make quite a difference to the wallet.

Looking forward to some feedback.
BTW Chad, the 180 is nearly ready to go. A lot of set backs due to work and life. The Ultra lighting is 99% complete. A couple of ground runs and she'll be ready to fly.

Rgds

Mayur
<br type="_moz" />
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 AM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kerosene/Jet A1/Diesel

Mayur,

Great to hear from you. I will talk to Arno at the factory about diesel. Personally, I don't know anyone who actually uses diesel, let alone on an evoJet.

I will see if Arno has any recommendations.

Take care and I hope you have a Happy Holiday!

Chad
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kerosene/Jet A1/Diesel

Mayur,

Here is the reply from the factory:

"Basically a lot of fuels can be used with this engines. Pure Diesel is one of the worst as it burns not really clean. (Remember the old oil stove!) We never did a long term Diesel only test as it smells bad and there are fuels like kerosine (petrol) which are more ease to become [get]. If Diesel, mix it with 20% gasoline for a better burning."

I think the bottom line is, it probably can be used, but as I suspected, it is dirty and no long-term testing has been conducted. Be sure to still use 5% oil if you do any testing!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chad