Name:	Fd90687.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1713579  
Old 01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: whats this for?

and second what is this ? i need a wj-71 and i have one in my hand i bought from DA a while back and it doesnt look like that, unless Desert Aircraft modifies them for the customers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94307.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1713580  
Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/wal...60_140863.html

Look for link= Video on how to rebuild a Carb. Capt,n
Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive seen those before. First pic is fuel inlet ,second pic is the idle screw
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
ZX11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

External pump port? Nevermind. It is in the fuel line position.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:43 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/wal...60_140863.html

Look for link= Video on how to rebuild a Carb. Capt,n

i tried them...they are out of stock... i needed a throttle valve, throttle return spring, and bushings.... when i was young and dumb i removed the throttle spring, and with lots of use the throttle valve started wearing a bit because of lateral play, and now it wont shut down with the barrel fully closed.... i even added a bead of solder to fill in the "U" shaped cut out, and it helped a bit... but im not happy with it
Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

LOL that U is supposed to be there. Notice how it is lined up with the fuel jets.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
captinjohn

http://webspace.webring.com/people/b...daptation.html

The above link will explain a lot of very important carb tips. I did this mod to a carb on my DLE 30cc engine. It works fine for me. It is very touch to do. Capt,n
Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

LOL that U is supposed to be there. Notice how it is lined up with the fuel jets.
im not sure if we are talking about the same U ... if you look where i drew the red arrows, tjhat where i have wear and tear on my throttle valve..... heres a pic i found on Google

http://webspace.webring.com/people/b...daptation.html

The above link will explain a lot of very important carb tips. I did this mod to a carb on my DLE 30cc engine. It works fine for me. It is very touch to do. Capt,n[img][/img]
thanks for that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58527.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1713648  
Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
captinjohn

A good saying "a photo is worth a thousand words" is true. Except when you see photo ofthe little moon cut into a throttle plate, it may take a thousand words to explain what that moon shaped cut does. If one reads all the data on the link I placed and all the other links on first link....you will have a real good idea how a carb works and how to adjust it or modify it.

Best Regards Capt,n
Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
MetallicaJunkie

A good saying ''a photo is worth a thousand words'' is true. Except when you see photo of the little moon cut into a throttle plate, it may take a thousand words to explain what that moon shaped cut does. If one reads all the data on the link I placed and all the other links on first link....you will have a real good idea how a carb works and how to adjust it or modify it.

Best Regards Capt,n [img][/img]
i read it captain, with the mod are you able to kill the motor with closing the throttlevalve/plate ?

Edit i ordered this from ebay.... i did a cross reference check on walbros site, and they three parts i need match what the wj-71 uses http://www.ebay.com/itm/280785494218...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Jezmo

The larger the cut (mine is shaped like a V) in the throttle blade the leaner the mid-range, ....up to a point. I had to do this on my MVVS 26 gasser and also my first DL50 and both would still die when the throttle was completely closed. One thing I learned is it isn't hard to go too far and have the mid-range go too lean and cause overheating. I was trying to get a mid range burble out and tried to sneak up on the ideal amount to remove but overshot just a tad and had to buy a new throttle plate. They are cheap and after cutting another I stopped before fubaring it. I would recommend anyone trying this mod to have a good understanding of gas (not glow) engine tuning. This probably isn't for the faint of heart.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 AM
captinjohn

I have photos of the carb plate I did...before and after the cut. It did note take much. Hold the plate in a small vise and use the Dremel tool so you can stabilize your wrist. Just take a very lite cut. I think next time I will use a convex metal file. The right file should work perfect. Have a extra throttle plate if you remove too much. My DLE 30 will shut off with the button on the TX. It closes the plate completly. You do have too have your linkage set up very good for that.

Best Regards, Capt,n PS My photos are in main computer back home!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM
MetallicaJunkie

I have photos of the carb plate I did...before and after the cut. It did note take much. Hold the plate in a small vise and use the Dremel tool so you can stabilize your wrist. Just take a very lite cut. I think next time I will use a convex metal file. The right file should work perfect. Have a extra throttle plate if you remove too much. My DLE 30 will shut off with the button on the TX. It closes the plate completly. You do have too have your linkage set up very good for that.

Best Regards, Capt,n PS My photos are in main computer back home!!![img][/img]
coool..... ah yur a "winter tourist" where im from we call them winter texans, or snow birds
Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 PM
captinjohn

Cool is right !!!!! It is 37.1 Degrees here in Aripeka Florida...1/4 mile from the Golf/ocean. I guess it is about 11 degrees in Mich....with lots of snow. I guess you guys got some cool weather too. Global Warming!!! Capt,n
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Cool is right !!!!! It is 37.1 Degrees here in Aripeka Florida...1/4 mile from the Golf/ocean. [img][/img] I guess it is about 11 degrees in Mich....with lots of snow. I guess you guys got some cool weather too. Global Warming!!! Capt,n
http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KMFE&state=TX [8D] how young are you ... just curious?

p.s. at the club i fly at, we have a large group of "winter Texans" and really appreciate them......most are avid flyers who dont need assistance, but there are some who just picked up the hobby and we are more than glad to help.. the more the merrier

we got down to about 33 or so last night but only briefly..... once the sun popped out it warmed up into the 60s