Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Blade 450 - Servo Twitch?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Blade 450 - Servo Twitch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
jackinca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Blade 450 - Servo Twitch?

Just got a new Blade 450 - first "real" heli.

After powered, there is a lot of noise coming from the heli. I'm guessing the servos. They sound like they are twitching really fast/hard.... or binding hard in one direction. It is more than just one servo. It is continuous until battery is disconnected. All movement seems fine. Is this normal? I've spun it up and all seems fine, but just worried about this being a problem.

Also, is the battery only secured by a single velcro strap??? Doesn't seem like enough. I guess you can't fly w/o the cover on. I was carrying it with the battery strapped in and no cover and the battery fell out. Also a pain to change out to another battery. Seems there would be an easier way.

Thanks for any feedback - waiting on first flight to be sure this is ok.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 AM
jackinca

Default RE: New Blade 450 - Servo Twitch?

Called in and was told this is normal. Flies fine. Just weird.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Storm 450 3G

Default RE: New Blade 450 - Servo Twitch?

My Storm also had one strap. I just use two straps one on each end of the pack. I agree it is a pain to remove the canopy the straps then pack. Nitro's were so much easier just fuel and go but I am really liking these 450 size electrics