Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help ! Dragonfly does'nt take off

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help ! Dragonfly does'nt take off

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Hubbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help ! Dragonfly does'nt take off

Hi everybody,
I have a dragonfly (all stock) wich worked well for 3 weeks. Then it refuses to leave the ground, even at full throttle. Batteries are O.K. I changed the main motor : its a 280 BB now. The heli worked again but the tail rotor failed. I changed it and the little stubborn machine plays only on the floor. (oh, I tried to fold the main blades to get more lift: no result) I am sure of the batteries, because I thetered the heli from another 7 cells 2400mh ni-cad that I used on planes. Any idea of this failure ? I am a newbie in Helis. Thanks for your help !
Stuck on the floor (for the moment)
Hubert
Old 08-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Sounds like you have checked most of the common causes for this problem. Also verify that your main motor pinion gear is not slipping on the shaft and be sure your flybar paddles are aligned correctly.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:49 PM
kite3d

Default solution

i had the same problem, i bend and lift a lot the blade and at a moment my dragonfly doesn't leave the ground. so i have taken a hairdryer to give the original form for my blades. And now it's work well :-)
bye bye and have a nice flight
Old 08-30-2003, 09:58 PM
anythingrc

i had the same problem and it was the pinion. to check that its the pinion stock motors (most) have a little hole on the top. stickan allen in the hole. the armater has to be in a certain place to slide the allen in. so if it dosnt go in that far spin the shaft until it goes in far. almost all the way throught. the other side of the case doesnt have a hole so it cant go all the way through. then try to turn the pinion. if it turns thats why. or if you look at it closly and the shaft is spining when you turn the pinion then your shaft broke loose from the armature. if it is broke loose from the armater just email the dealer you bought it from and they should give you another motor. its most likly the pinion thats spining though. good luck
Old 08-31-2003, 05:41 AM
Hubbie

Thank you for your answers !
•Hoverup,
Yes, I try to align my paddles.
•Kite3d,
I am quite happy to know I am not alone in the same troubles. I will try the hairdryer (maybe a new pair of blades!).
•Anythingrc,
I set a new 280 BB as main motor and its pinion is a 8 teeth screwed on its shaft. I will check that too. Thanks aniway.
Hubbie
Old 11-16-2003, 12:03 AM
scimitar

Default RE: Help ! <span class=

i had this same problem for so long- and then finnaly realized that the 2 paddle wings (pardon my terminology) - werent straight - i guess when i smacked the heli into something- the wings turned a bit-- turned them back straight and the heli flies again! try this first..!
Old 11-17-2003, 01:33 AM
microAmps

Default RE: Help ! <span class=

I have seen this problem caused by a binding tail rotor motor.
If the tail rotor motor is using too much current, the stock speed controller doesnt allow the power into the main rotor motor and you end up hopping or not getting lift at all.
If you have changed the tail rotor motor, check that it is very free to spin.
Thats what caused my version of this problem. All I did was adjust the tail rotor and it flew fine after that.
uA