Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Duratrax TORQ .12 Engine stalling prob.

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Duratrax TORQ .12 Engine stalling prob.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Nole16k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax TORQ .12 Engine stalling prob.

My engine will stall if I use/press the brakes on my transmitter, which also closes the air intake on the carb. I need to know what is wrong! Is it my carb.? I have adjusted the idle needle on it, which has helped, but if I initiate the brakes for more than 2-3 seconds, the engine will just stall. I have brand new/just bought today Byrons Originals 10% Nitro fuel, brand new fuel tubing/line, and a brand new glow plug. The engine runs great except when it stalls. What is wrong? -Thanks
Old 08-30-2003, 09:28 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Duratrax TORQ .12 Engine stalling prob.

There's another screw on the carb that sets the minimum throttle opening. Turn it in a little bit and try again, you'll reach a point where it will stay running.

It sounds like you have the throttle/brake center point set a little too far on the throttle side, the servo is setting your idle instead of the throttle stop screw.

Bill.