Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Good solid built tx suggestions please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Good solid built tx suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
itsfishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good solid built tx suggestions please

Hi im looking for a very solid built tx, one that 1st timer kids wont snap the wheel off. i have 5 HK310 tx and the wheels have all got snapped off, i know they are cheap and i did get what i payed for, lol.

i have limited experience with current radios around and would appreciate any input on this matter

must be 2.4ghz and have dual rate for the throttle and preferably built in aerial. reasonably priced too, dont need any pro stuff it will be used for kids of all ages for bashing, but happy to pay for quality.

thanks

mark
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Good solid built tx suggestions please

Well, the issue isn't so much the expense of the TX but of the receivers. No doubt you have several recievers which are compatible with the 310s which cost only like 7 bucks each. This is the main advantage of these radios.

If I were to recommend the bottom of the range Futaba 2.4Ghz tx it would no doubt last forever, but cost you a further $50 per model in receivers.

With that in mind, I'd say go for the 310s bigger brother, the GT3B, radio only since you already have receivers (the kids can also learn some more advanced radio tricks). Your receivers should still be compatible. As for whether the kids will be able to snap the wheels off, only time will tell, but personally, I'd be tempted to give it a try rather than swap to a more expensive receiver technology.

The next best thing will run you $60 each including a receiver. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Surface-Radio

But I'll be honest with you, when it comes to durability, I doubt the spektrum stuff is stronger than the flysky stuff, spektrum radios are lightweight and plasticky and I have yet to be impressed by one. If you want quality in this area, you gotta go Futaba or one of the more expensive brands. You could however, replace a lot of those 310s before you reach edhte cost of a Futaba unit. Hard to say what would be more economical.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:57 AM
itsfishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good solid built tx suggestions please

Thanks foxy, was starting to think i would not get a reply.lol

unfortunatley the gt3b and the 310 recievers are not compatable the gt3b is afhds and the 310 is fhss, i have both.but they are so cheap its not really an issue. actually the 310 has more features and the recievers are nice as they have bind button but the range is hit and miss with them, one day 100m no prob next 15m and nothing. mostly the kids are within 10-15m so no probs, and if the wheels didnt break id be stoked, but repairing them is a pain and quite tricky.
Good to know about the specktrums as i was looking at them but i think i would have to go with the dx3e as the dx2e does not have dual rates for throttle that i can see.
will look into the futabas, i dont mind spending abit extra if its going to last
dont know if the 310's are flysky but they are definatley not as durable as gt3b

thanks again

mark