Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Lost my buddy of 30 years

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Lost my buddy of 30 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 AM
1/2 time show
My Feedback: (78)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost my buddy of 30 years

Hello every body!
As alot of you guys know I have jest lost my flying buddy of 30 years John Balcom. We did every thing together from flying & fishing even looking out the window on a rainy day wating for the sun to pop out so we can go flying. I thank every body around the world for your support. He will be missed by many.
And the real bad part is he did not have life insurance and did not leave his wife in real good shape. she asked me to help with his stuff. And of corse I must help my buddy's wife in any way I can. So I must sell all his RC stuff he has some good stuff. FEJ 1/7th scale F-18 with a P-200 ready to fly, CJM F-9 cougar with a super eagle ready to fly & nice raidos & all kinds of other stuff.
Now how do I do this fast and hassle free. I no stuff is not moving real fast on RCU so I will do the first live action on my channel on youtube .Of corse I dont want to give this stuff away cheep. This is for this mans very understanding wife who jest let us do any thing we wanted for the past 30 years
This is how it will work I will make a video for each jet & box every body can bid in the coments. and every body can see what the bids are .
The small stuff I will combine in sevral boxes you can bid on each box.
If you see somthing that is not getting any bids and jest wanna donate buy the box and let me know and I will fine a needy beginer rc pilot and give him the box
Large ticket items I will offer any body who buys a jet 90 days to pay it off with a nice down payment. and of corse if you fail to pay you lose it with no refund and it will be relisted. you will recive jet when its paid off.
I can take any items with me to Kentucky jets or any other places I go . I will deliver in person in the lower 48 If you pay gas and hotels. Shoot I will even help you test fly it. smaller stuff you will pay shipping.
I will keep every body posted when it will start and when it will end.

any questions fire away
http://www.youtube.com/user/hornitpilot?feature=mhw5

B-1 Bob

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM
FenderBean

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Lost my buddy of 30 years

Hey bob good luck with this and I look forward to hanging with you at KY jets. I wish I could help out
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, So sorry to hear the loss of your friend. Good Friends are so rare these days. They are to be cherished. It's admirable that you are working to help his wife sell his stuff. Without life insurance she will need those funds more than ever.

Take care and hopefully we will see you at KY Jets.

Andy
Old 05-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob,

John is blessed to have a great friend like you.  I only meet John once but he was extremely friendly.  I also look forward to hanging with you at kentucky jets. 

Let me know and i will head up to Kansas.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Bob,as I said when we spoke on the phone our hearts and prayers go out to you and Johns family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Lowell
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We should all be so lucky to have a friend like that Bob, and a friend like you as well. Wish I could do something to help out from California.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob, sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and John's family.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
1/2 time show

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Thanks Todd and every body else. Jest let all your buddies about the up comming action.

Bob
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Bob:

Sorry to hear that. I hope all will be good with you and John's family.

James
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
1/2 time show

OK guys Action starts today and will go for one week. And dont forget 90 days to pay on jets. I can take jets to kentucky jets or deliver anywhere in lower 48 you pay expences. Any donations can be made to paypal with my email address [email protected].
http://www.youtube.com/user/hornitpilot?feature=mhw5

Bob
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry that you lost such a great friend. I read the no life insurance part and just cringed. Let this be a wake up call to those of you who haven't planned for your family in case you meet an unexpected end! If you can afford a turbine jet, you can afford life insurance. Life insurance and disability insurance are necessary evils if you have a wife and or kids. It sucks making the payments, but its just the responsible thing to do!

The earlier you start, the cheaper the policy. And stay away from whole life!!!!!!! Only people who benefit from whole life is the person who sells it to you.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

The earlier you start, the cheaper the policy. And stay away from whole life!!!!!!! Only people who benefit from whole life is the person who sells it to you.
+1
<br type="_moz" />