Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Car Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
RCVTRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Car Help Please.

I want a car that isnt 1/10. I am only using this indoors on bumpy and squishy carpet, cement basement, and wood floors. i would like something this i could drift if i changed the wheels and i would like to be able to drive it on like a carpet course. basically a "real life" rally car would be perfect, but in rc, as i understand, rally cars dont do to well in bumps. BTW it hased to be completly RTR for under $163 with shipping. I can buy used i just need to know what to look for. BTW no micros or trucks.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: RC Car Help Please.

If you want to be able to drive it inside primarily and want it to be that cheap then how can you not get a micro? This is the only thing that might work:
Old 07-06-2012, 04:37 PM
RCVTRC

the reason i dont want a micro is that, they turn so fast , go so fast, and cant drift and i already have a micro t. i want something that behaves a little bit like a real car, like a 1:16 or 1:18 or 1:24. i mean no 1:32
Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

all the small cars are fast. You could limit your throttle so it could go slower as an option.

1/18th the RC18's aren't bad
I have an RC18b, and its pretty well made.
I wouldn't recommend the RC18b2/t2 though as those are belt driven, and not as good from what a few people say

There is the HPI Recon, but I'd stay away from it cause the things a turd on wheels(I have one).

As for drifting most the 1/18ths I know of are trucks or buggies, and unless you get PVC pipe to use as a wheel (all the drift tires are essentially that) they won't drift.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could get an RC18T or even better an Xray M18T, buy the touring car wheel adapter set for either, which is conisdered an essential upgrade anyway, then you could drift it on normal drift tires. The M18T would drift really well I bet. Get a 4000kv motor, run it on 2s and use short gearing, it won't be fast.