Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Gp Waco Bipe 120...how wide?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Gp Waco Bipe 120...how wide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
skypup50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gp Waco Bipe 120...how wide?

I'm trying to determine if the GP Waco fuse will fit in my VW Jetta Station Wagon. The specs say 72" length. Problem is I only have 63" from the back of the front seats to the rear of the car. I would need to move it forward between the front seats which are 9" apart. Will the cowl fit through a 9" space. Also, how high does it sit when on the mains and tail wheel? Thanks for the help.

My mistake, misread. Fuse is only 56.5". Still wondering how tall.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
althepal88
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Gp Waco Bipe 120...how wide?

My cowl is about 9 1/2 inches wide; fine if you have padded seats and don't get a prop in your armpit. From the top of the cabane struts to the ground in about 19 1/2 inches, and I am using Skylight 4" wheels inside the pants. My plane goes to the field assembled in the back of my shortbed/covered pickup. If you use the carrying/assembly unit, you will have to add to the height. Can't you put her at an angle?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:13 PM
skypup50

ORIGINAL: althepal88

My cowl is about 9 1/2 inches wide; fine if you have padded seats and don't get a prop in your armpit. From the top of the cabane struts to the ground in about 19 1/2 inches, and I am using Skylight 4'' wheels inside the pants. My plane goes to the field assembled in the back of my shortbed/covered pickup. If you use the carrying/assembly unit, you will have to add to the height. Can't you put her at an angle?
I really appreciate your help. After a lot of thought I decided to try the DLE 20 in a Hangar 9 pulse 120. Fewer transportation and set up problems. Thanks again. I really love the Waco.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
labebe

Friends, I am planning to install on my new GP waco a Saito FG-20 gas engine. Does it has the same power as the 1.2 4 stroke glow engine has??
Thanks