Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

1/8 RTR Buggy Shootout Article in RC Car Action?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 RTR Buggy Shootout Article in RC Car Action?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 03:27 AM
pozix604

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 RTR Buggy Shootout Article in RC Car Action?

I recall there being an 1/8 RTR buggy shootout in either the RC Car Action or RC Nitro magazines. I tried to find it at the stores but could not find the magazine anywhere. If someone has that article, can they please summarize it here? Basic statistics like what top speed is and most durable would be great, if it is mentioned.

Alternatively, if someone is in the Orange County region (I'm in Irvine) and is willing to sell me the magazine for the street price, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

All i know is that the x-terminator won it
Old 09-04-2003, 05:08 AM
pozix604

The X-Terminator won it, but would you want to buy it. Only HobbyPeople sells it because they made it themselves, and one reason why they make their own buggy is because none of the distributors that carry the other buggy brands (brands like OFNA) are willing to sell to them because HobbyPeople is one big ripoff. Not to mention that if you get the X-Terminator you are pretty much stuck with buying all your parts from them also.

So, I'm looking for information on the other buggies. Does anyone have the article handy?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

actually i am thinking about selling my mugen and buyign a deluxe edition x-terminator...i just bought a x-factor and oddly enough hobbypeople is one of the biggest distributers but not the only one. Globalhobby actually is the company responsible for these kars and by far has some of the best product support they even setup a forum at which they visit regularly to check up on any probs. Other than that if u are looking into RTR buggies and dun wanna go the the x-term pick up the hyper 7 RTR
Old 09-04-2003, 12:04 PM
dagass

If you're looking for the article wher the XTM Exterminator won, that would be the March 2003 issus of R/C Car magazine . You can order the issue here:

http://www.rc-car.com/backissues.asp

If you're looking for the comparison issue of all the 1/8 scale buggies, that would be the June 2003 issue of RC Nitro Magazine. You can find it here:

http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/backissues/searchissues.asp