Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ofna LX Pro buy or not

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 01:07 AM
NitroNewbie89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna LX Pro buy or not

I was wonderin if an Ofna .21 engine RTR buggy for about $300 is a good buy. Unfortunely I can't find much Information about the cars preformance. If anyone has this car please tell me the ups and downs

And also is a .21 engine hard to maintain?

Thanks for the help
Old 09-06-2003, 01:09 AM
NitroNewbie89

Default Correction

its a .25 engine, sry
Old 09-06-2003, 01:19 AM
cemeb4dk

Default Ofna LX Pro buy or not

for about 50-60 bucks more i would go with the MBX pro. Its more durable with beefed up parts, a hard kick up chasis and threaded shocks and i think stronger shock towers...
Old 09-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Aggdaddy

Default Re: Ofna LX Pro buy or not

Originally posted by NitroNewbie89
I was wonderin if an Ofna .21 engine RTR buggy for about $300 is a good buy. Unfortunely I can't find much Information about the cars preformance. If anyone has this car please tell me the ups and downs

And also is a .21 engine hard to maintain?

Thanks for the help
I have that car. Its great for a starter. I don't race it though, but it runs fast enough to be race competitive. This Ofna LX Pro being my first 1/8 buggy, I can't say how good it is compared to its peers, but I have had other cars and this one provides a lot of satisfaction, once you learn how to drive it. I have only replaced the steering servo, a clutch shoe, and a rear wheel shaft. Those parts broke. Well the steering servo came from through the mail broke (don't know why), the rear axle didn't break, but it was bent and caused the wheel to wobble. I run Odonnel's 20% and some Kyosho springs, rims and tires. It runs great. But I do take care of it. I put in after run oil at the end of the day, and clean all of the dirt out of it. Pull start starts my engine up within four pulls when its cold. Two when its warm. Everything else is stock.