Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Serpent 950 or Mugen MRX3..........

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 02:29 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serpent 950 or Mugen MRX3..........

Hey guys.........i am thinking of getting an 1/8th scale on road car and i am trying to decide on whech one to get between the Srerpent 950 or the Mugen MRX3. I have heard that the serpent is very well made and the quality on the car is awesome. I have heard that the Mugen is tough , and i can beleive that , mainly because i own three MBX XR WORKS and they are tough!!

I am into the dirt thing mostly , but i am going to splurge a little here and i want a damn 1/8th scale on road!!

I mainly want it so i can do some serious parking lot "haul ass" playing around. and i i wanna show allot of my freinds that it's possible to get one of these Cars to smoke any life size car on the road!! I wanna buy one new , not used and put it together from scratch. But......i do want to know , if i end up getting one of these two cars , what is a good (or do i need one) set up staion to adjust all my camber , toe in , Toe out , ect.........or do i even need one of these? Any advice would be good here. And if you own one of these cars how do you like it? Are there little things you have to watch out for on the car it'self , parts coming loose , bearings going out , ect..........?

JEFFRO503
Old 09-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Serpent 950 or Mugen MRX3..........

Jeff - While Mugen is an anwesome company that builds rock solid cars, the Serpents just DOMINATE the 8th scale onroad class. IF you can foot the tab - go with it, u will not be dissapointed.

As for a set up jig or board - they are a great tool to have, but not manditory, unless u plan on racing. For parking lot play, the basic setup tools that the serpent kit comes with will be suitable.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:41 PM
dg2b

Both cars are good but I would lean towards the mrx3. You mentioned "parking lot". Personally, I would not use this is a parking lot unless it is prepared.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:51 PM
migueloo

go with the one that you can get replacement parts for it. u don't want to break something and then have to wait for your parts to arrive.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:46 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

COOL...thanks for the info guys. I will have to decide a little later on which one i will get , but i am going to be getting one of the two within the next few weeks. I did however think i would get different people in here on this thread complimenting on both cars. I have talked to some other guys about this at my LHS and they said the same thing..............some said MUGEN , some said SERPENT.......hehehe. I think either way i go , i won't be dissapointed , but i think i am leaning towards the Serpent...........i know it's an awesome car..........but the damn thing just looks FAST sittin' there!! Thanks guys!!

JEFFRO503
Old 09-11-2003, 03:21 AM
ruf911gt2

Both cars are great..... I've owned vectors and veteq. Parts for serpent seem to be easier to find. However I've heard that Mugen parts cost less. You wouldn't be disapionted with either car. I also agree with migueloo, go with the one you can get parts for. http://www.oemalternative.com/veteq.htm
Old 09-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Qlone

On the track I usually visit most drivers drive serpent cars. I myself have an impulse pro, and am waiting for serpent's new 1/10 touring car (to be released in a few months), but have some experience with the 950 too. It truly is an awesome car. Also something you may want to look at is the picco integra...