Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

JR Voyager E

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:59 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Voyager E

I will start this new section with a how to question. I have a new JR Voyager E that I am getting ready to start on. Give me some suggestions for set up, up grades and battery recommendations. Also after market parts and must have parts to make the heli a quality flyer. I am not looking at this machine as a hot dog 3-D flyer, just a good hovering smooth reliable heli.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:01 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: JR Voyager E

The best upgrade you can do for the VE is a brushless set up. The VE really likes higher headspeeds and comes alive and is a very nice smooth flyer with a brushless set up.

Depending on your budget, in my opinion a Hacker C40 8L is the sweet spot for the VE on 10 cells, it's versatile from sport flying with a 15t pinion and longer flight times up to a 17 or 18t pinion for extreme power and 3D when you're ready. Also, if you ever get into Lipo, a Thunder Power 3s4p works out awesome with this motor. 15t pinion, I got 23 or so minutes and with a 16t, 1800rpm headspeed and 20 minutes of very nice strong and smooth flight. To top it all off, the motor is just warm to the touch at the end of the flight...

If you're on a budget, you can get an Astro 020 3turn set up for around 200 bucks, about $60-70 less than the Hacker set up which is good on 8 cells but the those tend to run hot, Astro Flight's coming out with a newer case with built in heat sink but those still have to be proven. If you stick with 8 cells though and let the motor rest a few minutes between flights then it's fine.

The VE doesn't really need upgrades other than more power, it is a very smooth flyer, there are cyclic upgrades you can get if you get into 3D and want more responsive control but not necessary until then...
Old 09-23-2003, 11:39 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

I have purchased a Hacker C40-10T motor and matching speed control and had planned on running a 16 tooth pinion. This should overcome the power problem.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:44 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Yea, that should overcome the power problem nicely
Old 09-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Simbo

I need upgrades too hehe.

seem to be losing flight time with my GP3300 8 cell packs after 7 cycles, not sure if it's the battery or the ESC that are doing it, looking into LP's now

I see helipzo has a a Ast803hv brushless with speed controller for 179.99, is this a ok brushless setup.

will a brushless help in flight time with same batteries ?

I am hooked on heli's really bad, to bad my pockets don't like it.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:31 AM
The Newbie...

yeah mate thats fine but if you ever get a mini eheli one thing to do is buy one of those cheap SONY cd rom players, open it up and get the motor out, then you have to take off the electrical crap on the bottom and you gave a 15t brushless motor for 50 bucks aus dollars sweet trick hey
Old 10-02-2003, 03:49 PM
batjac
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fedafan,

That's a neat trick on the CD Rom motor. Can you give us any more info on doing that? What have you used one of these motors in?

Mark
Old 10-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Mr. Furious

for the sony brushless conversion: do you have a model number on that sony cd player? walkman or boombox? will it work with the esc or does it need a different controler?