Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Trouble installing G2 Addon 4

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Trouble installing G2 Addon 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 07:38 AM
rons_29445

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble installing G2 Addon 4

I am using Windows XP Pro and have installed G2. Now when I try to install Add-On #4. I get the initial menu to install the cd, but after selecting it, nothing happens. Can anyone assist?
Thanks
Ron
Old 09-14-2003, 06:56 PM
Windancr
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Trouble installing G2 Addon 4

Yup... frequent problem. Knife Edge has a support forum that may lead you completely through the fix. Most likely trouble is with one or more on-going Processes within the System that is unfamiliar to RealFlight. Like Web-shots, etc.

Right click the Task Bar and select 'Task Manager'. Select "Processes" and look at all the ongoing (or active) applications. Simply selecting those that are not identified in the User Name column as "System" and then clicking the "End Process" button for each possible conflicting app will usually allow RealFlight and its Add-Ons to then load properly after closing the Task manager. After Re-start, all those ended processes will return, but your installation will be good and RF runs well.

More info on Knife Edge's website, but this will likely get you going. Hth,
Old 09-15-2003, 07:18 AM
rons_29445

Thanks for the repsonse.
Evidently Realflight corrupts a file when updated. I started getting a error msg, and had removed the interlink to try it on my laptop. (It worked great! Nice way to spend a rainy Sunday)
When I plugged the interlink back into the pc, I started getting the kerr error I saw someone talking about. So I uninstalled the software then reinstalled it. Then I was able to add in the add-on. But I did not update yet.
So far everything is fine.
Thanks
Ron
Old 09-15-2003, 03:08 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I have yet to Upgrade G2 without the upgrade corrupting something so it won't run. I was told by a support person that just because there is an update available, if your program is running fine it was not recommended to do the update. Did not make a lot of sense to me but after it happening each of 3 times I've done it, I no longer upgrade even when control panel says an update is available. However, if I really want to upgrade I get in touch with support, whine enough and they make the upgrade available for me to download and do without going over the Internet (doing it via the Internet connection never seems to work even though that is what they want you to do).

Also has anyone ever noted that when you do try to do an upgrade over the Internet, the Primary server is NEVER available. Just one of those interesting Knifedge, jump through the hoops, things.