Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help Needed - Flap Setup

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help Needed - Flap Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
izzy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Needed - Flap Setup

I am setting up the Ultra Flash , and have using a 12FG radio
setup the type as 2 ail and 2 flaps , and tail as Ailevator
flaps work ok , but i cant find how to mix in down elevator

also on my old JR 9303 there was a flaps program mix built in the system , that would combine elevator and flaps

now i can only set up end point ( iee switch at top or bottom) , and when switch is in the middle , i dont have the option to position the flap ( i used to like doing that the switch facing up would be zero flap , middle take off flap , and bottom landing )

if i use offset , then it messes up the end points on the flaps
what am i doing wrong ?

thanks
Izzy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32009.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1842615  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help Needed - Flap Setup

Ummmmm, I think you are in the right spot. Right above the Flap settings are your elevator settings. Set up the Down or Up value for the particular flap setting. It's right there in the pic you posted..

Similar to this on my 14 MZ.

Dan
Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
izzy

ORIGINAL: Sparhawk

Ummmmm, I think you are in the right spot. Right above the Flap settings are your elevator settings. Set up the Down or Up value for the particular flap setting. It's right there in the pic you posted..

Dan
Dan hi
the JR9303 is the picture i added ( and what i find missing in Futaba 12 FG
is there anything like this on te 12FG >???
this is what i found ,, but no mix for elevators ( i am using 2 channels for 2 ele servos)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99154.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1842644  
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will find it all in the Airbrake function, ailerons up, flaps down, elevator trim and servo slow for all functions.

To set switch flap positions you will have to set up model functions I think its called, will look it up in the morning to confirm, you can set up rates, trim, flap positions et all, but I prefere to put the flaps on the side slider and the elevator trim automatic to the position of the slider, ie. 25% slider take off flap, 50%slider landing flap and small elevator deflection 75% slider flaps near full down, ailerons starting to reflex and elevator compensation, 100% slider full flap, full aileron reflex and full elevator compensation.

Mike
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: izzy

Dan
Dan hi
the JR9303 is the picture i added ( and what i find missing in Futaba 12 FG
is there anything like this on te 12FG >???
this is what i found ,, but no mix for elevators ( i am using 2 channels for 2 ele servos)

I am not fimilar with the 12FG. This screen is showing 1/3 in top right corner so there are 2 more pages to that screen. Could it be there ?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes Mike, that is exactly how I set up my jets as well. The air brake menu is awesome and makes setting up crow so easy too!

Dan
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
izzy

Yes Mike, that is exactly how I set up my jets as well. The air brake menu is awesome and makes setting up crow so easy too!

Dan
I looked at the Airbrake function /program and i see you can set only 1 position , so i am assuming you have 3 conditions set for flying ( 1 - for normal , 2 for take off , 3 for landing ) ,, am i running along the right path ?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 PM
BaldEagel

Yes, you have eight conditions you can select, I put my rates on the condition select programme and enable flaps on the landing condition only for full crow and flaps on mid rates only for fly bys ect.

Hope that helps.
Mike
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be doing something wrong with my 12FG as I do mine differently!

I find it easier to see the effect of changes if I set up using mixes. On the latest plane I have elevons and flaps. I set up the 2 elevon servos each with a separate mix so the master is flap and the slave is the aileron 1 on one mix and aileron 2 on the other. I am setting them up for the first flight with elevons 20% up to full flaps down to offset pitch change. I set the flaps on a rotary knob so the movement is gradual and we can test for effect without any danger. We usually fly with flaps on a rotary knob rather than a switch, but it is a matter of preference for the pilot.

I have found that with a number of planes it is necessary to follow a standard regime so that when a different plane is flown that the controls are in a standard position. It is all too easy to select the wrong action.

The 12FG is a really great set and so far we have not had any problems in setting the controls up for many very different models. There are often more than one way of doing things, and there are areas of the programming that I have not explored yet.

John

Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 AM
BaldEagel

John

I find there are so many built in mixes on the 12FG that I hardly ever use the p mixes, but you are right on setting everything up as standard for all the airframes you have as you say it prevents trying to invent the wheel every time you set up a new one, have a play with the Airbrake function its a very powerful built in mix.

Mike
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike

Yes I will be having a look at it. Thanks for posting the info.

John