Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DSMJ module in 9XII possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Norseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSMJ module in 9XII possible?

Hi.
I thought I should try a 2.4 ghz DSMJ module in my JR 9XII transmitter, but was unable to bind the receiver (RD931 DSMJ) Tried both PPM and PCM modulation, but nothing.....
Does anyone know if the DSMJ module requires the transmitter to run a different modulation??
The module works in my 11X Zero, but it has a DSM setting in the menu.

Steinar
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM
SAB

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: DSMJ module in 9XII possible?

Steinar,

It appears you have an 11X Zero module - I believe this is specific to the 11X, although physicaly the same as the module slot on your 9X11 it doesn't use the ppm data stream but, as you indicate, the DSM data stream, which is 11X specific. JR did it this way to give you the same features as a native 2.4GHz system e.g. model match & servo sync.

Steve
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Norseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the answer SAB.

I thought maybe it would work since the new DMSS module I got for the 11X also works with the 9XII. The manual that came with the module says the 9X will give you 9 channels when set to PPM modulation and used with the DMSS module.
Well... I won't let it bother me.. Just ditch the DSMJ module and enjoy the DMSS with telemetry on the 11X. I normally just fly foamies on 35 Mhz with the 9X anyway.

Cheers
Steinar
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
SAB

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Steinar,

The DMSS module has extra connections for the DMSS data stream & Telemetry. So I assume the 5 (standard) large pin sockets revert to "normal" operation i.e using the ppm stream (so it can be used with many JR Tx types).
I too converted my 11X zero to DMSS (in my case from DSM2) & it workes great, love the telemetry!

Steve