Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XG8 Aileron / Elevator

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Prboz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XG8 Aileron / Elevator

Hi

Have just setup my F18 hortnet EDF from Hobbyking. Couple of things.

It only has one servo each side, which operates both the elevator and the ailerons.

- Do I hook both the aileron and Elevator to the same side of the control horn. Which I have and am sure is all good.

- I have set my radio up (XG8) as a delta wing so they work together.

- Have set the 2 servos up on the receiver (RG611B) as aileron and elevator.

Problem Ailerons direction OK, Elevator needs to be reversed ? If I reverse the servos I get the Elevator correct but Ailerons are opposite.

Any ideas on solving this one. I am a newbie when it comes to mixing etc.

TIA

Prboz
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XG8 Aileron / Elevator

Not sure what is going on as if the wing is set to delta, ch 2-3 are linked, which can be observed on the monitor screen. It can also be observed on the monitor screen that reversing one of the ch does not reverse the other. For example, if the elevator is reversed, the ailerons direction remains the same. I didn't physically set up a RX and servos to see what happens, but observing the monitor it seems to work correctly.

When you said, "when I reverse the servos" do you imply that you reversed both channels? You should only be reversing one ch to get the setup to work.

My guess is that what is going on is that you have separate ailerons and elevators but joint control is called for. That you will need to accomplish by choosing the proper side of the servo horn for your setup and I'd think that would be shown by the plane instructions.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Prboz

More Info.

Because I have set it up as a delta wing Chanel 2 (Aileron) is now LEVN and channel 3 (elevator) is now REVN

With the switches set to normal I have the Elevator correct and the ailerons reversed.
With LEVN Reversed I have Ailerons stick operating the elevator and Elevator operating the ailerons.
With LEVN Normal and REVN reversed I have the exact opposite to LEVN Reversed.
With them both reversed I have the Ailerons Correct and the Elevator reversed.

This is really starting to annoy me.

I checked you tube for a review of the model and I have the linkages correct.

TIA

Prboz[&o]
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don’t own an XG8 but do have three other models of JR transmitters. For all, the LEVN is on channel 2 and the REVN is on channel 3 with the left and right designations being as if you were in the pilot seat. Check to see if you didn’t mixup left and right. My experience with V-tails is that the transmitter channel designations are usually correct. But since it didn’t work for you, swap channel 2 and 3 connections to the receiver and retry.</p>

Allan</p>
Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking either the aileron or elevator horns need flipping to the other side in order to reverse. Also needed will be either ch 2 or ch 3 switch reversed but not both.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Prboz

HMMM It is always the simple things that trip us up. Thanks AWorrest. I had thought of that but never got around to doing it.

All Good now.

Thanks for your input guys.

Prboz