Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

[help] decent drift car 1/8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 PM
MrShinyPig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [help] decent drift car 1/8?

so im a noob when it comes to rc cars, i can drive them, i just cant build them, what would you recommend, im looking for RTR, brushless, electric, and of course can drift, i have a budget of about &pound;350/$500, but price isnt an issue as i can get more money, so far i have come up with the<a href="http://www.nitrorcx.com/52c76-maddrift-350-zz-green-brushless-racee.html" title="1/8th Exceed RC MadDrift Electric Brushless Racing Edition RTR Ready to Run Drift Car (Green)" style="padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: center;"><strong style="padding: 0px;">1/8th Exceed RC MadDrift Electric Brushless Racing Edition RTR Ready to Run Drift Car

is there anything better?

what i would really like is a good drift car, but also change the wheels for a decent track car for racing,

please post your suggestions or what you think of the<strong style="padding: 0px;">1/8th Exceed RC MadDrift Electric Brushless Racing Edition RTR Ready to Run Drift Car[/b]<br type="_moz" />[/b]</a>
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: [help] decent drift car 1/8?

Ofna makes a 1/8 electric touring car I believe. Not sure on the price.

Look up the exceed car on youtube. Jang did a review. He gave it pretty good marks. Its actually a versitile car. Based on a 1/8 buggy chassis.

Exceed will be cheaper than any other 1/8 brushless onroad. About the only downside is parts support (only threw Nitrorcx) and the body is not as cool as more expensive models. But then you could always buy a aftermarket body.

Ive seen a thread of a redcat backdraft 8e that was made into a touring car. Street tread 17mm buggy tires, car body, different body posts and adjusted suspension. It looked awsome, and the backdraft is alot of buggy for the money.

Ive considered the exceed 1/8 car. Its not a bad price, looks fairly tough and I like the idea of a larger onroad car.

Im still waiting for a company to come out with a 1/5 brushless onroad RTR. There are only a few onroa 1/5 gas powered cars, and Ive never seen a brushless one.

Onroad cars dont need crazy power, even in larger scale. Id bet a decent 1/8 scale system could power a 1/5 onroad chassis.

At any rate, based on Jang's review of the exceed I would get it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78acKYIYsfg[/youtube]