Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Help for propellers 8517/5

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Help for propellers 8517/5

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 AM
modeltekneci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for propellers 8517/5

<span class="hps">Hi</span> <span class="hps">everyone,</span>
<span class="hps">I bought</span> <span class="hps">a pair</span> <span class="hps">propeller propshop 8517/5 SSbut propellers are skewed.</span><span class="hps">
<span class="hps">What kind of</span> <span class="hps">skewed</span> <span class="hps">propellers</span><span>, this</span> <span class="hps">is a problem</span><span>?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwPqn...ature=youtu.be

<span class="hps">my english is</span> <span class="hps">not good </span><span class="hps">Please</span> <span class="hps">type</span> <span class="hps">clearly</span></span></span>
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help for propellers 8517/5

Hard to tell but the prop looks loose on the balancer is it a snug fit that might account for the wobble ?.Does the hole seem centred in the prop ive seen some that werent and yes thet is a big problem.
Mart
Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like only one side of prop balancer has a centering nut - but does look weird
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Jackal1983

The hub hole doesn't look like its in the centre to me.

For such an expensive set of props you need to go back to propshop.<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like hole is not centered on the hub. You might be able to balance the prop but it may affect the way it runs. I would contact Propshop with the video and ask for replacement.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Justaddwata

Looks like hole is not centered on the hub. You might be able to balance the prop but it may affect the way it runs. I would contact Propshop with the video and ask for replacement.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 AM
modeltekneci

<span class="hps alt-edited">Thanks all,

<span class="hps"><span class="hps">Watching t</span>his video</span> <span class="hps">was</span> <span class="hps">the second</span> <span class="hps">coming</span>
<span class="hps">they</span> <span class="hps">agreed</span> <span class="hps">that</span> <span class="hps">their</span> <span class="hps">skewed</span> <span class="hps">propellers</span>
<span class="hps">and</span> <span class="hps">took it back.
<span class="hps">
and posted</span> <span class="hps">new ones,
</span>but they was made skewed
<span class="hps">I got</span> <span class="hps">them in</span> <span class="hps">the shop</span>
<span class="hps">He talking</span> <span class="hps">with them to</span> <span class="hps">send it back.</span>
</span>
</span>taken <span class="hps">back to</span> <span class="hps alt-edited">the first pair video:</span>
<span class="hps">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df56W...ature=youtu.be

<span class="hps alt-edited">far as I</span> <span class="hps alt-edited">dissect</span><span>,</span>
<span class="hps">Some of the blades long and short
and the propeller</span> <span class="hps">shaft</span> <span class="hps alt-edited">skewed.

<span class="hps">I want to ask</span> <span class="hps">the question;
</span><span class="hps">-more</span> <span class="hps">speed</span> <span class="hps alt-edited">decreases
-<span class="hps">If there</span> <span class="hps">is</span> <span class="hps">turbulence</span><span>?</span>
<span class="hps">
or whatever else</span> <span class="hps alt-edited">creates</span> <span class="hps">problem?</span></span>
</span></span>
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 AM
martno1fan

You cant run the props if there not balanced propperly or you will damage something,any wobble will first cause poor handling but the worst thing is the damage it will cause to your driveline and hardware and worst case scenario your engine itself,dont use an unbalanced prop.It does seem like they have a problem with these props if theyre all coming like that,back to the drawing board me thinks.
If i were you i wouldnt get my props direct from them as they never come propperly balanced and only butterknife sharp they make good props but they do require a lot of work in my opinion,go to dasboata and get them from him as he will work on them so they are perfectly balanced and his props are the best in my opinion.
Mart
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Something is amiss when you can hear in the video of one blade hitting the balancer.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 AM
Jackal1983

Is it actually balanced?? The videos dont show it stopping? you can balance a prop that don't look right to te eye. It will most probably cavatate like crazy tho. Your balancing your rotating mass at the end of th day. Lets say Your rotating mass your trying to balance is a 2p coin with the hole drilled offcentre... When its balanced it will be round with the hole the centre......

The point is its doesn't look right at all... If its been balanced then its probably had a large about of material taken from the blades to counter act the way it's been formed.

It's a lot drill the hole in the centre than balance the whole lot!!!!

<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 AM
modeltekneci

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

You cant run the props if there not balanced propperly or you will damage something,any wobble will first cause poor handling but the worst thing is the damage it will cause to your driveline and hardware and worst case scenario your engine itself,dont use an unbalanced prop.It does seem like they have a problem with these props if theyre all coming like that,back to the drawing board me thinks.
If i were you i wouldnt get my props direct from them as they never come propperly balanced and only butterknife sharp they make good props but they do require a lot of work in my opinion,go to dasboata and get them from him as he will work on them so they are perfectly balanced and his props are the best in my opinion.
Mart
thanks your suggestion.I told Chris (Dasboata) that is not used.but he said not a problem. I did not accept it and I returned the props.on top of it,unjustly sent the missing money ($ 60 did not)When I asked the question ,he not responded!!!I wish had not been acquainted with them.I hope,other people does not fall this error.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:46 AM
modeltekneci

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Something is amiss when you can hear in the video of one blade hitting the balancer.
thanks your message,blade not hitting the balancer,You can see the other better video.
ORIGINAL: Jackal1983

Is it actually balanced?? The videos dont show it stopping? you can balance a prop that don't look right to te eye. It will most probably cavatate like crazy tho. Your balancing your rotating mass at the end of th day. Lets say Your rotating mass your trying to balance is a 2p coin with the hole drilled offcentre... When its balanced it will be round with the hole the centre......

The point is its doesn't look right at all... If its been balanced then its probably had a large about of material taken from the blades to counter act the way it's been formed.

It's a lot drill the hole in the centre than balance the whole lot!!!!

<br type="_moz" />
hiNo need to stop,because the trapezoid!!!thanks .
Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 AM
martno1fan

Hi are you saying that propshop didnt refund your money after you sent back the props or did you buy them eslewhere ?.
Mart
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 AM
martno1fan

dbl post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:29 AM
modeltekneci

Not propshop,</p>

did not Dasboata!!!</p>
Old 04-07-2013, 03:31 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: modeltekneci

Not propshop,</p>

did not Dasboata!!!</p>
Chris is one of the best guys to deal with so im sure its just a mix up,maybe he hasnt recieved your props yet did you use track and trace?.
Mart
Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 AM
modeltekneci

He is not one of the best, </p>

<span class="hps"></span></p>

yes,he took the propellers</p>

</p>

he was took from me the costs not responsible
</p>

my english not good, I find someone for tell you</p>
Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Justaddwata

Chris is one of the best in the industry and I consider him a friend and a man with the highest credibility.

Please let me know if I can help.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 AM
SS RC Boats

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Chris is one of the best in the industry and I consider him a friend and a man with the highest credibility.

Please let me know if I can help.

Hi Matt...do you have an email i can reach you? Trying to get some info/pics of a hull you own.

Damon