Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Duratrax overdrive st? Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:59 AM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Duratrax overdrive st? Any good?

My lhs has a load of overdrive st's and i love it! he says that i could put some monster tires on it and it would run w/ maxxes.SO if you own one or have owned one could you please tell me about them please? Is it loud, powerful, good basher?
Old 09-19-2003, 06:32 AM
RustlerMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax overdrive st? Any good?

Huntr,
My friend and I both recently bought Overdrive STs. The car itself is a good design, but if the ones you are looking at have the Velocity .17 in them...I would only buy one if you are prepared to replace that engine because they're known for their unreliability and short life span. Both of our engines are having problems right now and I've only put a quart and a half through it. My friends won't even start anymore...The engine itself is alright, until it stops working....it seems like its impossible to tune. I read a post from a LHS that said he's sold 5 of them and 4 of them have been back in the shop for engine work. Hope I have been a little help!

Mark
Old 09-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Gabrill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bear in mind that these cars are usually sold to complete beginners because of the attractive price. The engine problems may or may not show up depending on your experience.

That part aside, I've heard good things about them.

If you have a track nearby, you'll probably have more fun buying a similar car to what they run. Unless they're on-road. Then they're pansies.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:18 AM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm just gonna go ahead and buy a rush