Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rebuilds?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 11:08 AM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilds?

i find myself rebuilding nearly my whole nitro stadium truck after every days running and sometimes every 3-4 tanks, to clean, fix things so nothing fails/mucks up the next time i take it out. this involves striping everthing apart accept the engine/tank/exhaust, gearbox and electrics.

but the way some people on this forum talk you never rebuild anything once the cars made, they never even take the engine out accept to replace it.how can you not with parts coming loose, getting dirty etc.

rebuilding is also how you learn how a car works where you can inprove it etc eg how to get gears to mesh.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:38 AM
dg2b

Default RE: Rebuilds?

My car gets rebuilt incrementally the week before a race. Incrementally, I mean, I focus on different parts of the car and do those one day at a time. For example, I do diffs/shocks one day, drive train/droop/ride height/etc another, etc.

I tried doing all at one time but I find this schedule to work better for me. At least everyday, the car is completely built and can be ran if needed.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

Rebuild sometimes every 3 or 4 tanks?

Jeebus, I’d be rebuilding every other day.

What you’re doing is good maintenance but I feel it’s a little over kill. Proper cleaning and relubricating is good practice and essential to your car/trucks longevity but I feel you’ve created an unnecessary aggravation (unless you just like tearing it down and putting it back together).
Old 09-18-2003, 06:46 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

The tearing down and rebuild gets very old after a while, or until you get a new car.

If racing I would say weekly maint. is in order just to make sure everything is in top shape. In most cases you dont need to do a whole lot other than general maint.

On a basher I would not be wasting my time tearing the car apart replacing parts and cleaning everything. In my opinion its a waste of time.

For a basher that gets run a fair bit, I would say a monthly maint schedule would be about right depending on what you put it through. If its run hard daily then of course a more aggressive plan is in order.
Parts do wear out and if they are not replaced they will wear out other parts in some cases.

Dbow
Old 09-18-2003, 07:40 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

i bash
your car gets dirty,very dirty, if you dont clean around the feul tank and carby at least then your likely to get dirt in the wrong place.and not cleaning the engine will lead to less heat dissipation. not to mention all the dirt everwhere else such as around dogbones and around shocks(i now use baloons over shocks), this cant be healthy.
screws/nuts can also start to come loose when your stressing parts,

i suppose a big factor is that my rush chassis always bends so i have to strip it down to bend it back properly.