Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

1sq Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 AM
teamhex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1sq Issue

I seem to have an issue with my 1sq. It seems like some of the blades are reverse(they are on correctly). From what I can tell it feels like two of the blades are reversed and the other two are fine. Is it possible I reversed the motors somehow? It was working great until a minor crash. I know you have to sometimes adjust the motors after a crash, but this issue seems different. I have a video here below of what it looks like. It just kinda skitters around at full throttle.

I also thought that maybe one of the motors was "stripped"(not sure the terminology but basically slipping on a blade). Any help would be nice. I bought this Saturday and returned one for electronics Sunday so....not to happy.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/k5sUuP-QzWk
Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: 1sq Issue

Two of the motors run in the opposite direction of the other two.
So two of the blades have the opposite pitch direction from the other two.
Then the blades must be on the proper motor to work right.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 AM
teamhex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can tell the orange blades are on the front and the black ones in back(I only know this because the antenna and battery stop are in the back).

I suppose I could change them around and see if maybe that's it, but I'm not sure that's the issue.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

One of each color pair will be for CW rotation and the other will be for CCW rotation.
You can just blip the throttle a little to see if they are rotateing in the right direction.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Charlie P.

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine came from the dealer with the front two props switched side-to-side. I went through the link and calibration procedure several times with my AnyLink on a Spektrum DX6i and was ready to pull my hair out . . . then I looked carefully at the exploded view in the manual. Harumph. Solved that issue.

What does anyone else get from the red central LED on the board (under the fuselage/canopy). Mine is solid when I power up, flashes about two pulses per second brightly until linked, but then goes into a much dimmer fluttery rapid flash when flying. Flies OK (actually flies great) but it doesn't give a reassuring feel with that light looking like a failing neon tube.