Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ROAR 4wd classes

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:43 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROAR 4wd classes

I am not totally sure on this but is there a racing class for a 4wd truck for the hpi's nitro mt to run on. My friend wants to know and I am not totally sure of the answer.

Thanks, Jim
Old 09-20-2003, 01:32 AM
dagass

Default RE: ROAR 4wd classes

Roar classifies both 2wd classes and 4wd classes. Unfortunately because the HPI NMT is kind of a hybrid, it doesn't fall into any particular class. As you know stadium trucks are almost exclusively 2wd which the NMT cannot drive in. As for Monster trucks, they are 4wd however the NMT does not fall into that class either. Because of this, the NMT really has no home on the racing circuit.

Some tracks do race them if there are enough NMT's that run locally, however those tracks are few and far between. There is some optimism however that the introduction of the Academy RT4 GP will spawn some competition with the NMT and a 4wd stadium truck class will evolve. Only time will tell.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:13 AM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ROAR 4wd classes

Thanks. Guess I have some bad news to tell my friend.