Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OS .12 TR

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Natesully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .12 TR

I was looking at OS's very nice TR series, when I noticed they had a "Turbo" version with 1.3 HP. I know "turbo" has nothing to do with forced induction (I wish...) and is some kind of glow plug. What exactly do these $8 plugs do for you, and is "turbo" really worth it?

I noticed the no-turbo (naturally aspirated?) version has 1.1 or something like that. Good enough.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:52 AM
Nutek

Default RE: OS .12 TR

Well... I got the non-turbo version and it's hellllaaaaa fast!!!! I don't know of anyone personall that has the turbo version but I read that it's harder to tune... still I would not mind trying it
Old 09-21-2003, 04:56 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: OS .12 TR

I have too been looking at the OS .12 TR series engines for my XXX-NT. The thing with the turbo engines is that they produce more power, but they are illegal for racing! They use a larger glow plug. If I were you, I would just get one of the normal .12 TR's.

If anyone else reads this, and has a .12 TR, could you please tell me about your experiences with it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.