Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Disclosure?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Disclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:02 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disclosure?

If someone is a representative, test pilot, or otherwise affiliated with a company, and receives free or discounted merchandise, are they required to disclose it here on RCU when they post?
Do you think it is a problem if they do not?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Disclosure?

"Phil",

Disclosure change begins at home. Identify yourself first, THEN maybe post about others doing it...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

''Phil'',

Disclosure change begins at home. Identify yourself first, THEN maybe post about others doing it...
+1
Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

"Phil",

Ido not represent any company, and Ihave never received any free or discounted merchandise of any sort.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:33 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

"Phil",

One of the great things about this site is you can count on hearing an opinion for Yellow Aircraft's representative, Shawn Evans, about pretty much any subject, on any airplane, even those made by other companies. It's always good to hear your respected opinion, it's nice that if there is a subject or product with any controversy, we can count on hearing from the Yellow Aircraft representative about it.
So, again, the question is, are people required to disclose this?
Is it a problem if they do not?
Very much want to hear your opinion, Shawn, that's why Iasked it. Iwas hoping you would chime in.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

''Phil'',

+2

Why "anonymous to cause disruption" folks are allowed to thrive on RCU bewilders me. Why can't moderators drop these RCU accounts?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilYabelli

If someone is a representative, test pilot, or otherwise affiliated with a company, and receives free or discounted merchandise, are they required to disclose it here on RCU when they post?
What business is it of RCU to track what reps get what? I would think that it isn't any ones business and it's between the company and the rep. RCU does have a policy that people who are reps disclose the fact that they are indeed reps when talking about the product they rep. Receiving free or discounted merchandise comes with the territory of being a rep. This isn't rocket science.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 AM
dubd

I think in the case of some companies... FEJ... discounts are given to people who in turn say FEJ products are made out of sunshine and puppies. The new "consumer-rep" is part of the problem with the misrepresentation of these products.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: dubd

I think in the case of some companies... FEJ... discounts are given to people who in turn say FEJ products are made out of sunshine and puppies. The new "consumer-rep" is part of the problem with the misrepresentation of these products.
Iwould agree with you. Rxbear and AndyAndrews do not. YellowAircraft has not chimed in on the subject. unfortunately.

Ithink a major part of the problem here is just what you say. Alot of people have gotten free or discounted products, but have not said so.
Is that the rule?That you must disclose?

Old 05-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Shaun Evans

"Phil",

How does anyone know that you're no rep or whatever? Why would anyone take anything you write seriously at all? You clearly either lack the requisite courage to own up to your own name, or you are a shill/troll. In either case, I don't particularly care what a guy who fits into such a category says, writes or thinks.

When you find the manhood/honesty to stop hiding from the name your momma gave you, then chirp away. Otherwise....
Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: dubd

I think in the case of some companies... FEJ... discounts are given to people who in turn say FEJ products are made out of sunshine and puppies. The new ''consumer-rep'' is part of the problem with the misrepresentation of these products.
I would agree with you. Rxbear and AndyAndrews do not. YellowAircraft has not chimed in on the subject. unfortunately.

I think a major part of the problem here is just what you say. A lot of people have gotten free or discounted products, but have not said so.
Is that the rule? That you must disclose?

While I agree with the sentiment of this thread, you are not going to get any participation because you hide behind an alias.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

''Phil'',

+2

Why "anonymous to cause disruption" folks are allowed to thrive on RCU bewilders me. Why can't moderators drop these RCU accounts?
Does this question make you uncomfortable in some way?Why?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

"Phil",

How does anyone know that you're no rep or whatever? Why would anyone take anything you write seriously at all? You clearly either lack the requisite courage to own up to your own name, or you are a shill/troll. In either case, I don't particularly care what a guy who fits into such a category says, writes or thinks.

When you find the manhood/honesty to stop hiding from the name your momma gave you, then chirp away. Otherwise....
I'm surprised that the representative for Yellow Aircraft would publicly insult my manhood and courage. My name is Phil Yabelli. The name my father, not mother gave me. Phillip.
So it's okay by you if people receive free or discounted merchandise and fail to disclose it?Just being clear, you have no problem with this?Because that's what this thread is about, not about your agressive threats and insults, which Iwon't say any more about.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Shaun Evans

Phil or Phillip,

Please understand that I don't consider anonymous guys on here to be real people, so it's only a 'virtual' insult. I just looked up that name and found absolutely nothing. What city? What do you do for work? If you're a real guy, then I'm more than happy to treat you with respect and answer whatever questions you put to me.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:32 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

RCU's rules are very clear in this matter. Our rules state the following:

<b style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;">USERNAMES &amp; DISCLOSURE:[/b]<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Web addresses may not be used as usernames.</span>
Anybody that is affiliated in any way with a commercial company that is in the RC industry MUST disclose this affilation in their signature line. There is no "wiggle room" in this rule. While we do not care what a person receives from the company, we do care that they are receiving it. This rule is in place for one very good reason. When members are interacting with each other on our forum we want them to know that the person they are talking to is affiliated with a company. While this may not always be something important, there are many times where it is vital to know that a person posting has ties to a company. For instance, if a member is posting that a product is really good and people should buy it, it's important to know that the person making those claims has ties to the company making said product.

RCU takes this rule very seriously and we will enforce it whenever it comes up. This matter is not one for discussion as the rule is in place and is not going to be changed any time soon. It's already been shown to me that the members here are having difficulty discussing this matter in a civil and mature manner, and since the question has been asked and answered already my initial thoughts are to lock down this thread. However, I am going to give this thread the benefit of the doubt and give the members here one chance at keeping this thread open. However, please know this, that the next time I see ANYBODY stepping out of line in this discussion I am going to shut it down. Period. So it's pretty easy guys, keep the discussion on a civil and mature level, or I'm going to close the thread. The choice is entirely up to you all as to where we go from here, but please know that I won't hesitate to take actions.

Ken
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

Thank you for the clarity.
Maybe you can do something about Shawn Evans from Yellow Aircraft Company?  If you look at his posts in general, on this thread and others, there is a very clear pattern of problems, attacking, insulting, participating heavily in threads about other manufactuers...maybe you can look into it.
In the meanwhile, back to subject...
What if there are indeed reps who did not reveal themselves?  Are there consequences?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Shaun Evans

Maybe you can do something about Shawn Evans from Yellow Aircraft Company? If you look at his posts in general, on this thread and others, there is a very clear pattern of problems, attacking, insulting, participating heavily in threads about other manufactuers...maybe you can look into it.
What if there are indeed reps who did not reveal themselves? Are there consequences?

"Phil"

And your response to my questions is.....?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM
siclick33

quote:

USERNAMES & DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Web addresses may not be used as usernames.

Anybody that is affiliated in any way with a commercial company that is in the RC industry MUST disclose this affilation in their signature line. There is no "wiggle room" in this rule. While we do not care what a person receives from the company, we do care that they are receiving it. This rule is in place for one very good reason. When members are interacting with each other on our forum we want them to know that the person they are talking to is affiliated with a company. While this may not always be something important, there are many times where it is vital to know that a person posting has ties to a company. For instance, if a member is posting that a product is really good and people should buy it, it's important to know that the person making those claims has ties to the company making said product.

RCU takes this rule very seriously and we will enforce it whenever it comes up. This matter is not one for discussion as the rule is in place and is not going to be changed any time soon. It's already been shown to me that the members here are having difficulty discussing this matter in a civil and mature manner, and since the question has been asked and answered already my initial thoughts are to lock down this thread. However, I am going to give this thread the benefit of the doubt and give the members here one chance at keeping this thread open. However, please know this, that the next time I see ANYBODY stepping out of line in this discussion I am going to shut it down. Period. So it's pretty easy guys, keep the discussion on a civil and mature level, or I'm going to close the thread. The choice is entirely up to you all as to where we go from here, but please know that I won't hesitate to take actions.

Ken
Ken,

I reported someone recently who is a shill and hasn't disclosed their affiliation in their signature line. I received no response to my report and that person is still posting 'anonymously'. My experience is that the mods (at least some of them) don't enforce this rule as diligently as you suggest that they should.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Maybe you can do something about Shawn Evans from Yellow Aircraft Company? If you look at his posts in general, on this thread and others, there is a very clear pattern of problems, attacking, insulting, participating heavily in threads about other manufactuers...maybe you can look into it.
What if there are indeed reps who did not reveal themselves? Are there consequences?
Yes, there are consequences. What they will vary depending on the situation. But we deal with those on a case by case basis.

Ken
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: siclick33

quote:

USERNAMES &amp; DISCLOSURE:
Only one username or account is necessary at RCU, all others will be removed. If you create a second username to act as a shill or in attempt to bypass a management ban, you will be at risk of permanent removal from RCU. A shill is defined by but not limited to the act of promoting products for vendors, products or the like, and the act of hiding behind anonymity to abuse normal membership policies and etiquette.

If you are a manufacturer, vendor, sponsored representative, retailer or the like for an r/c related company or product you must specifically identify yourself and the particular affiliation in your signature. Any member affiliated with a company not identifying themselves as such is at risk of revocation from RCU. This is identified, but not limited to a member who gains anything financially whether in cash, product, discount or the like.

Ken
Ken,

I reported someone recently who is a shill and hasn't disclosed their affiliation in their signature line. I received no response to my report and that person is still posting 'anonymously'. My experience is that the mods (at least some of them) don't enforce this rule as diligently as you suggest that they should.
Why not name him here?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: siclick33

quote:

USERNAMES &amp; DISCLOSURE:

Ken
Ken,

Unfortunately our Moderators do the job on a volunteer basis, so we only ask that they deal with things like this as they can. And unfotunately sometimes things do slip through the cracks. If you feel there is an issue that needs taken care of you should report it as you did. If after reporting it action is not taken within a reasonable amount of time you can send me a PM directly and I will look at the situation. In a perfect world things would be taken care of every time, but in the real world sometimes things slip through. But if you send them to me I will look at the situation and take any appropriate actions.

Ken
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Phil

not sure why you are singling out Shawn, yes he post's his opinions, but he has his ties noted in his signature and will often 're identify' himself as a yellow rep when posting in a competitors thread.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: patf

Phil

not sure why you are singling out Shawn, yes he post's his opinions, but he has his ties noted in his signature and will often 're identify' himself as a yellow rep when posting in a competitors thread.
He does disclose his affiliations, no problem with that. But he does also tend to get pretty nasty and agressive with other people, including me. Not the first time he has insulted me or my manhood. In my opinion, he is very unprofessional in many ways. Look above at his posts on this very thread, it's pretty nasty.
Enough about Shawn Evans, who has not even answered the question.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM
marcpamjoce

Phil

He does disclose his affiliations, no problem with that. But he does also tend to get pretty nasty and agressive with other people, including me. Not the first time he has insulted me or my manhood. In my opinion, he is very unprofessional in many ways. Look above at his posts on this very thread, it's pretty nasty.

+++1 on this. Shawn is very unprofessional and between his aggressive mouth and FEJ's product, they make for a good combination
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: marcpamjoce

Phil

+++1 on this. Shawn is very unprofessional and between his aggressive mouth and FEJ's product, they make for a good combination
<br type=''_moz'' />

Paul,

How many times have you been booted off RCU for just this kind of thing? Fake name, fake account, etc. You make accounts from your stop-over hotel rooms and think you're clever because the IP is out in the world somewhere?

Again, none of what you think or say matters because you're not a 'real' person on here. Just a troll who does not have the courage or honesty to flame FEJ as yourself because of YOUR rep status. So, until you get some personal constitution..... 'poof, be gone.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.