Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

QUESTION ABOUT FLYWHEELS! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

QUESTION ABOUT FLYWHEELS! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 07:59 PM
NebulaDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION ABOUT FLYWHEELS! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS!

I have a Kyosho Inferno TR-15, and I just bought an O.S. .15CV-X engine (you know, the one with the cubical blue head and the pull-start). Well, I'm having trouble getting it installed.

Question: Can I simply slide the flywheel onto the engine? Or do I have to add something in there to get the flywheel to spin with the engine's driveshaft? With the original Kyosho GS-15R engine, there was a black washer that had a rectangular hole in the center that fit around the GS-15R driveshaft. On the outer border of the washer, there was a little notch in which one of the two pins on the flywheel fit. That caused the flywheel to spin with the engine.

Do I need something similar to this with the O.S. engine? If not, what will get the flywheel to spin with the engine? And if I DO need a part, what do I need?

Basically, someone please HELP! Tell me how to get it so I can run this engine with my Inferno TR-15!!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:54 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT FLYWHEELS! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS!

It sounds like you need a COLLET. It is kind of unclear of what you have, so pictures would help, but what it sounds like is that you need a collet.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT FLYWHEELS! I NEVER EXPECTED THIS!

yes i have the same prob with my ram how douse ur qrc go