Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ Posts are ruining this great forum so please give it a rest!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ Posts are ruining this great forum so please give it a rest!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
warbirdfanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEJ Posts are ruining this great forum so please give it a rest!

Guys,

Before I start ranting, we know that FEJ have caused a lot of concern but please stop this *****, I'm very sure that the hobby world are fully aware of the structural troubles that come with an ARTF kit but can you all please step back for a minute and realise that you're putting members off and the post / thread count has dramatically decreased for the last few weeks?

You're also causing a lot of work for our humble mods as they are constantly trawling the threads to stop the 'hate' threads

On a serious note, if I was a mod / or indeed the owner of the forum, I would lock down this crap full stop, we're all tired of it. Just give it a rest and buy BVM or similar
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Posts are ruining this great forum so please give it a rest!

LOL, you are perpetuating your own complaint. Bravo! Bright idea, clog up the forums with 100 different FEJ complaint, complaint threads.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

+1 +1 +1 +1
Old 05-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Hey Warbird, try to hold your tongue when you dump $20k in the ground, due to structural integrity and not dumb thumbs! If FEJ face the complaints and make them right, the threads will stop!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: warbirdfanatic

Guys,

Before I start ranting, we know that FEJ have caused a lot of concern but please stop this *****, I'm very sure that the hobby world are fully aware of the structural troubles that come with an ARTF kit but can you all please step back for a minute and realise that you're putting members off and the post / thread count has dramatically decreased for the last few weeks?

You're also causing a lot of work for our humble mods as they are constantly trawling the threads to stop the 'hate' threads

On a serious note, if I was a mod / or indeed the owner of the forum, I would lock down this crap full stop, we're all tired of it. Just give it a rest and buy BVM or similar
I'm trying to help myself and other work with what we have if you want to buy me a BVM jet that would be great!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Ok, here's the deal. I totally understand that some people are tired of threads starting that are related to the whole FEJ issue. And I understand that some people don't want to look at them anymore, I really do get it. But here's the deal. If people don't want to read the threads then I suggest to simply skip over them and look at something else. While this FEJ matter does have a lot of traffic, it's in no way the majority of the traffic on RCU in the Jet Forums. There is plenty here that ISN'T concerning FEJ that you can read.</span><div style="font-family: Arial;"></div><div style="font-family: Arial;">I've seen in public threads, report tickets, and PM's that have been sent to me where people are suggesting that this matter has been discussed enough and that I should simply shut down or close out anything talking about FEJ. While that may by a nice suggestion on paper, it's not going to happen in reality. And here is why. Who's going to decide when the "enough" line has been crossed? So let's say we do this and then next week a thread starts up about an Acme brand jet and runs for 2 days, and has lots of people talking about it. What's to say that somebody that has a jet from Acme's competition says that we've heard "enough" about Acme and it's time to shut down the thread about Acme's jets?? See where I'm going here? Going down this road would turn into a mess in a huge hurry. Our policy is to let a thread run it's course, WHENEVER POSSIBLE. And this is the very reason why we do this. It's been our experience here on RCU that threads tend to die out on their own when the subject being talked about is not relevant, or current anymore. When people are truly tired of a subject it usually just fades away here in the forum listings. We don't need to shut down anything because somebody thinks there has been enough.</div><div style="font-family: Arial;"></div><div style="font-family: Arial;">Now please don't think that this means that there is a open season on starting as many threads about FEJ (or any other manufacturer) as somebody wants. We weren't born yesterday here in the RCU Admin section, and we can tell when a threads are being started are bogus for whatever reason. And we will kill threads like that. I agree with many here that there is an a ton of stuff about FEJ on RCU right now, and it is getting real close to the saturation point. So myself and the Jet Forum Moderators have been looking at all new threads started, and if they are relevant and something that needs to be put out we'll let them post, but if they are bogus for whatever reason we will kill them. And we have done so on several occasions in the past few weeks as this has played out.</div><div style="font-family: Arial;"></div><div style="font-family: Arial;">I know that some members won't like this decision and think that we're wrong, trust me it won't be the first time somebody has said that about me!!! We have to be fair in how we moderate and we try to think of the community as a whole when things like this come up. I hope that everybody understands this and can see what I'm trying to say here.</div><div style="font-family: Arial;"></div><div style="font-family: Arial;">I don't see any reason for this thread to remain open as the OP has put out his opinions, and continued postings here simply clutter up all the landscape of this FEJ issues, therefore I'm closing the thread.</div><div style="font-family: Arial;"></div><div style="font-family: Arial;">Ken</div>