Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

good to start out on?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

good to start out on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 05:45 PM
drivercrazy23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good to start out on?

I have enough money to get a little ebay electric heli, but not enough for a big eco 8 or something. Would the little heli be good to start out on, never flown helicopters before. I have a huge barn so I dont ahve to worry about flying in wind or anything else. Also whats a good rtf micro heli under 300 dollars?

ThAnKs
Old 09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
kansasjayhawk

Default RE: good to start out on?

I did a lot of research my self for this same question. I ended up gettting a Hummingbird from centuryheli.com They are offering a great rtf package with a good TX which from what I've learned, is the most important piece. They also offer free shipping on web orders. I got mine with a JR radio kit and heatsinks for the main and tail motor for $291. It's a US company, I felt a little uncomfortable buying from ebay or Hong Kong. Too sketchy for me. centuryheli.com was very professional and very promt. I reccommend. Although I haven't got my chopper yet the service was pretty good. I ordered Friday and I should get it today according to UPS tracking. Good luck.

Paul
Old 09-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Gazoo

The main problem with the e-bay helis is that they don't always say what mode the transmitter is configured for, or the frequency it is on. I got my HB from century as well and love it. There are plenty of parts and upgrades for it and century is supposed to release a CP upcrade later next month.

The smaller the heli, the less stable it will be. So if you can fly a micro like the HB you will find that flying a larger heli will be much easier. So far I can only hover, but I hover well for 16.5 minutes. After that my LiPo begins to get weak.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
DougT
My Feedback: (1)

I bought my first micro, a FP ECO Picolo, and love it. I put small dowel/styrofoam ball training gear on it and it will hover hands off for 4-5 seconds. Have only broke one thing on it but was an easy fix. Would recommend it.

Make sure you get/have a good Tx. If you have access to a simulator(GP Realflight), put some time in on it.

My micro doesn't like ANY wind. I'm good enough now to overcome a slight breeze but is not as fun. Your barn should be perfect. I have been hovering mine in the garage between my MX bike and benches. With the correct balance/setup(expo) and training gear, you should have no problems.

Good luck.

Doug
Old 09-28-2003, 05:11 PM
drivercrazy23

How about the eco 8? would it be good to start on. bigger more stable right? THanks