Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Ofna JL10e Drift Pro GT Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Killerant20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna JL10e Drift Pro GT Compatability

I am looking to purchase Ofna JL10e Drift Pro GT - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Ofna-JL1...item43bc8cbed6. but I have some questions about some parts. I have found really cheap motor and esc, I already have all of the electrionics from an old nitro car that i use for parts and I have a battery for my truck that will work with the banana plug 4.0. Motor - http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-nh3068.html ESC - http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-nh3067.html I would just like to know if the motor will work/fit into the mount. Also, does it come with a pinion gear for the motor? Thank you for your help

~Anthony

Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM
ToraKitsu

Default RE: Ofna JL10e Drift Pro GT Compatability

I have had both the JL10e Drift and JL10e GT (shaft drive), and they are both pretty good, though the GT shaftie is better finished, and of slightly better quality. You will have to lock the rear diff on either of them regardless (they are not locked from the factory).The links don't direct to anything but a listing of RTR's they sell. What turn rating/Kv rating is the motor? Is it 540 size? If so, it will fit. However.....it should be 17.5T/2200Kv or lower. It should also be a sensored system, if it's brushless. Anything faster than a 13.5T/2500Kv will be too fast, and you will have trouble modulating throttle, and that won't make drifting any easier. Forget about speed - drifting isn't about that.Additionally, the steering servo should have a transit speed of .10 or better. A fast servo will make drifting much easier.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Killerant20

It is a 23 Turn motor, and it is a 540 size. Also, did the chassis come with a pinion gear for the motor with it, or do I need to order one? And thank you for the tip with the servo.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Copy and paste the addresses from the message rather than clicking the links. The motor is an $8 brushed 23t silver can and the ESC a 20A brushed jobby. A bit cheap for my taste, and the motor is a bit fast.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Killerant20

But does the pinion gear come with the car, I havent seen what is in the kit
<br type="_moz" />
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm afraid I don't know mate, maybe someone else does.