Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Slash 2wd purchase question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:06 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Slash 2wd purchase question

Hello all,
I'm looking at the Traxxas Slash 2wd to purchase for a gift for my nephew. I Fly RC airplanes and Helis and have no expierience with RC vehicles. I'll attach what I'm looking to purchase and please advice if there are any other things I need to get him started. I also noted that this vehicle is LiPo ready, is LiPo the new thing with RC cars? should I get the Lipo battery not the stock nicd.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Pat

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FYai4AodXT0APg
Old 09-15-2013, 03:30 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Besides the Slash you will need:

Needed To Complete:

• 7.4V 2S LiPo or 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH or 8.4V 7-Cell NiMH Battery Pack
  • Compatible Battery Charger
  • (4) "AA" Batteries for Transmitter

If you fly then you probably have a pretty good idea regarding batteries and chargers.

I have never had an original stock traxxas brushed motor, but heard they do much better with a proper break in (google traxxas motor break in). Also heard a best bet with a new traxxas vehicle, or any I suppose, is to go through and verify all the screws and nuts are properly tightened. Also heard the optional high speed pinion is not the best idea to run as it over gears it and can burn up the motor. Again, all this is from reading on here, although I own several traxxas vehicles, never a new one from the box.