Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I'm sure this question is asked alot here...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I'm sure this question is asked alot here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I'm sure this question is asked alot here...

Yo, I am looking for an electric 3D plane. I want something bigger than 40", in fact, I'm looking for something really big, like in either the 50's or low 60's. I don't want the biggest electric possible that has great size, but LITTLE power. I want something that flies well, and has good aileron/elevator/rudder travel. I am perfectly ok with an ARF, as I think it would be more fun build one, instead of buying an RTF. But if an RTF is the way to go, or has all the right specs, I'm good with that too. I am quite concerned about a budget, because everyone of the planes I've priced out so far has exceeded the $500 mark. I really don't want to do more than $600 at most! And if possible, make it something I could pay for parts of it at a time, that's why I'm looking toward the ARF, but if there's an RTF out there that's less than $350 w/ tax & shipping, I think I could swing that. This task may sound easy for most of you guys, but there's one more thing I'd like to request. I'd like to request a balsa and ply construction. Oh and also, I would like it best if you guys could recommend a system for me to put in an ARF, if that's your recommendation.

As for my background on RC, I've been a car guy for 7-8 years. I have done hundreds of hours of research and learning with cars, and could tell you almost anything about any one of them. (Hobby-grade that is) I bought a Parkzone Radian back in Feburary with the intention of using the large blueberrie field behind my house for a flying field, and landing in my lawn. And then through the neighbor, I got in touch with the people at the Grand Haven RC Air Club. I've been flying there for a few months, and I got my AMA certificate. I realize going to a 3D plane is a big jump, but I know that if I need any help, the guys at the club are there to help me fly, land, and fix my plane.

I don't want this post to sound mean or demanding, I just would like to find a plane to purchase this winter, and fly in the spring. I've have viewed plane after plane, and the only one I can really find that looks good, and is within the budget is this. http://www.extremeflightrc.com/store...roducts_id=125 Is this a good plane? Or should I go with the 60" or the 64"? That's why I'm here. I hope to hear many recommendations and setups for me to choose from... Thank you in advance!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:10 PM
DieHarder

Also, I forgot to mention, I have a Spektrum DX5E radio system from my radian that I will freely take out to save money and stay within my budget. If I have to, next year summer, I would get another radio system for either the radian or the new 3D plane. Just so you guys know...
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Dr Kiwi

By all means get an Edge 60", but put it on the shelf for quite a while. I'd start with a less demanding 4-channel plane which should survive long enough for you to master the skills you'll need for an aerobatic Edge [an Edge from the outset will not!].

Last edited by Dr Kiwi; 10-04-2013 at 06:03 AM.