Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Starting To Race, Really Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 AM
DiscoStu666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting To Race, Really Need Help

Hi Guys

Need some help, I have a Mini 8ight and have just started to race, have attached a few photos just for you all to cast an eye over, however I am looking for some help on how to set up the car, what I should replace from stock and any other help you guys can offer.

At the moment the car apart from changing the top deck to Carbon Fibre, Changed Wheels/Tyres to a set of Contact Foam wheel and tyre set, the race I go to restricts the motor to the stock. If someone could advise me of the following it would be really, really helpful.
a) Should I change the steering servo, if so what servo would you suggest?
b) Should I change the transmitter? Again what one too?
c) Is it worth changing the ESC?
d) Could you advise on the best toe in/out angle and possibly the rear camber?
e) Any other changes the anyone would suggest.

I know there is a lot I do not know about and I am desperately trying to learn all I can so I know it is only the ability that is letting me down, of that I can only improve with practice and that I am prepared to do, the set ups and suggestions on what to get I really struggle, if anyone can help it would be very very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Old 12-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Faras5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should focus more on your practice it will make you experienced so that you can win the race without facing any difficulty.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:53 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

+1 for practicing.

I would not upgrade anything when just starting out. If you have issues with controller, or ESC, than yes...upgrade.

For a high grip situation, a super fast servo will just make your RC twitchy. Everyone is different. A 0.13 sec. servo was plenty fast for me on a high grip clay. When I got a transmitter that allowed me to adjust servo speed, I'd opted for a slightly faster servo.

Toe? Start with neutral or 1° toe-out.

Camber? I'd start with a -1 to allow for better contact patch in the corners.