Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP!! 1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Forza .18 Engine RTR Nitro Powered Off Road Buggy

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

PLEASE HELP!! 1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Forza .18 Engine RTR Nitro Powered Off Road Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Pjs6980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!! 1/10 2.4Ghz Exceed RC Forza .18 Engine RTR Nitro Powered Off Road Buggy

I bought my boyfriend the exceed forza buggy as a Christmas present. I know nothing about nitro rc cars but after doing some research have discovered there is a lot more you need to purchase than just the car and fuel. My problem is of course I can't ask him what I need to get he works off shore 4 weeks and is only home for 2, I'd like to make sure I have everything he might possibly need to be able to run his car while he's home. Unfortunately their isn't a hobby shop where I live so I need to order everything. I haven't received the car yet either so I don't have a manual to go by. I'd really appreciate any information y'all can give me on fuel type lubricants oils and any extra items we might need.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:02 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll move this post to the car forum where you'll be sure to get some good answers. it DOES look at least as if this car comes with the transmitter, and is 'RTR' (Ready to run)
meaning you'll need at a bare minimum a starter (literally to crank the motor for starting), glow fuel, and a starting battery.
(that's not a whole pile of extra stuff at least )
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Pjs6980

Thanks so much for the reply!!! I read something about an after burn oil (I think that's what it was) should I get that also? The car will be sitting unused for about 4 weeks at a time.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:10 PM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

after RUN oil most likely... I'm not really a car guy, (although the engines are very similar) .. I've been flying for more years than I care to remember... never used that sort of stuff.
it's certainly not a 'must have'
I did find a decent starter kit, really the only additional thing you'd need to buy is some glow fuel...
http://www.nitrorcx.com/starterkit.html

have FUN!!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a few basics that you will need:

20-25% nitro car fuel, make sure it's for cars. ( I recommend either Traxxas top fuel or O'Donnell)
AA Batteries, at least 12
a Glow Plug Igniter ( it heats the glow plug so the fuel can ignite)
Spare glow plugs and a Glow plug wrench
After Run Oil
and lastly a fuel bottle.

Any other questions, I'm here to help. I have had many of these Exceeds and can help a lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:37 PM
collector1231

In response to that starter kit, I have one of those and use that smaller hex wrench more then any others in my arsenal of tools.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Pjs6980

Thanks for the help guys!! So far I've gotten him the starter kit that had the igniter wrenches charger and fuel bottle, fuel, extra glow plugs, after burn oil, and batteries. I'm pretty excited and having a hard time not telling him what he's getting!!! I do have one more question would it be ok to charge the glow plug igniter already so I can wrap everything up I think I read it had to charge about 12 hours but I don't know if it would hold the charge till Christmas. Thanks again for all the help everyone!!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sure thing!! It should hold a charge until Christmas. Make sure he follows the break in procedure or the engine will die a horrible death.