Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dreamworks GSF-150 with Jet Tronics Dual Valve

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dreamworks GSF-150 with Jet Tronics Dual Valve

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dreamworks GSF-150 with Jet Tronics Dual Valve

I have installed the GSF-150 failsafe with a Jet Tronics Dual valve in my Reaction X gear system. The GSF works according to spec and the Dual Valve works to operate the gear. The problem is, they don't work together. Currently I use the GSF as a pressure gauge and the Dual Valve operates the gear. Try as I may. I have not found the process to have the Dual Valve listen to and function with the GSF. The GSF is advertised to work with electronic valves and is not intended to drive a servo for gear function. I find the reverse to be true. Has anyone had success using the GSF with the Jet Tronics Dual Valve?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not with an electric valve but I've used it on servo driven valves. It does cause the servo to twitch a little. When I talked to Todd about it he said it was a nuisance but if it didn't bother me it would work just fine.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:14 AM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Square Nozzle
I have installed the GSF-150 failsafe with a Jet Tronics Dual valve in my Reaction X gear system. The GSF works according to spec and the Dual Valve works to operate the gear. The problem is, they don't work together. Currently I use the GSF as a pressure gauge and the Dual Valve operates the gear. Try as I may. I have not found the process to have the Dual Valve listen to and function with the GSF. The GSF is advertised to work with electronic valves and is not intended to drive a servo for gear function. I find the reverse to be true. Has anyone had success using the GSF with the Jet Tronics Dual Valve?
There is an update on that valve on dreamworks web site.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Square Nozzle

Originally Posted by never-enuff
There is an update on that valve on dreamworks web site.
Never, the addendum deals with the Jet Tronics sequencer, not the dual valve. I tried the procedure in the addendum just in case it worked with the dual valve also. It didn't help.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:55 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

When setting up the GSF150 trigger points, the low pulse width must be set to gear down. This is the most common error we see when programming. No issues should arise with electronic valves.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Square Nozzle

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
When setting up the GSF150 trigger points, the low pulse width must be set to gear down. This is the most common error we see when programming. No issues should arise with electronic valves.
Todd, I entered a note in the DreamWorks Forum explaining the situation. The GSF, with the pulse width at 1100 gear down and 1900 gear up, works fine when I connect it to a servo. The Jet Tronics valve also works correctly when I eliminate the GSF from the system. They do not work together.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 AM
lov2flyrc

You may need to reset the trigger points in the valve itself then, follow the Jettronic manual for programming the gear up/gear down points into the valve.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Extraviking

I have the same Jet tronic and GSF 150 but have not assembled and tested yet.
Did you get it to work together by following the steps Todd said?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Square Nozzle

Originally Posted by Extraviking
I have the same Jet tronic and GSF 150 but have not assembled and tested yet.
Did you get it to work together by following the steps Todd said?
I have not had any success with making the two valves work together. I will try again to reset the Jet Tronics to factory settings per the valve manual and then proceed with the set up. I will be interested to see what your system will do.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Extraviking

Dreamworks should have tested this combination before they put it up for sale.
If it does not work with Jet Tronic valve, it becomes a very expensive pressure gauge.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 AM
lov2flyrc

Of course it has been tested... We have hundreds of these units in the market, working perfectly with all brands of electronic valves. Both, the failsafe and the valve require programming for correct operation. One other note: Air pressure in the system must be above set failsafe trigger for gear to cycle...
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Square Nozzle

Pay attention folks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went through the sequencing of the GSF with The Dual Valve again and I am pleased to inform you that the system does work. Thanks Todd for hanging in there with me. The very first thing I did, since I only have two hands and my wife is at work, was to make a tool out of some scrap light ply. The tool simultaneously depresses both buttons on the Dual valve while I turn on the Transmitter and Rx with my other hand. This procedure resets the dual valve to factory settings. An initial requirement before setting the valve trigger points. My guess is if you take the dual valve as received from DreamWorks, the reset procedure would not be necessary. But just to be sure it won't hurt to reset it anyway. The tool works well to insure both buttons are depressed when the power is turned on or you'll need someone to turn the power on while you use both hands to hold the dual valve buttons in.. The system air was 75 psi. where I was sure I was above the set fail safe of 50 psi. I should mention that the GSF had been set up per the manual before I did the sequencing of the dual valve.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Extraviking

Great that it worked out, then I have nothing to fear :-)
Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Square Nozzle

Originally Posted by Extraviking
Great that it worked out, then I have nothing to fear :-)
In my efforts to make the GSF and the Dual Valve work together I found that it is most important to make sure the valve is reset to factory settings. Pushing both buttons on the valve simultaneously while turning the power on can be problematic but must be done correctly to prepare the valve to listen to the GSF. The tool I made looks like a two prong fork but was the ticket to get the valve reset.

Last edited by Square Nozzle; 12-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
lov2flyrc

Typically, the Jettronics valves will work with a correctly programmed GSF-150 out of the package. However, if it does not, you simply program the trigger points following the valve programming instructions. Simple method of resetting the Jettronic valve is to hold both buttons and turn on the RX.... Then reprogram as per manual.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Square Nozzle

"Hold both buttons and turn on the Rx" that is where I found the problem. I just couldn't find a way to push both buttons with one hand while turning on the RX with the other. That's where my little forked tool came in. At that point the system functioned properly.