Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Re-linking more than one plane on my transmitter.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Re-linking more than one plane on my transmitter.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 AM
gearhead67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-linking more than one plane on my transmitter.

If I have five airplanes on one transmitter, and each one is linked to a different receiver, do I need to re-link every time I switch airplanes, or will the link for each plane stay there when I change from one plane to another?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help to know what transmitter system you are using. Also I assume you are using a 2.4 radio system.
You say "switch airplanes" and that could mean different things if you are using a "computer /programmable" radio or a standard "non-computer" radio.
A computer radio allows you to store different models in different memory positions so you can call them up by simply selecting the appropriate memory position in the radio that corresponds to the plane you want to fly. When you set-up/program these model memories you "bind" the receiver in that plane to the radio for that model memory number. The when you select a model in the radio and turn on that plane the receiver will work properly.
If you have a basic radio that has no way to program models into memory then you will have to "bind" each plane to the radio when you want to fly it.You also need to set-up the planes so all the controls work correctly from plane to plane or you will also have to change dip switches on the transmitter to correct it as well as bind it.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:58 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am using a Futaba radio with multiple receivers and I do not have to link them every time. I just bring up the model I want and away I go. Good Luck, Dave
Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should not have to link every time unless something is wrong. Generally when things are working right you link once. I have 3 planes stored on my radio. I linked them each once, and even after a couple of years not flying one of the planes the link and settings were still there as I left them.