Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Revo conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Btec95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo conversion

Hi. I am wanting to convert a revo nitro to brushless. Have done research on it and have everything figured out but the motor and gear. Looking to get about 60mph outta it. I have seen a lot if good things about the mamba monster motor. But was wondering if a motor like this will work and get me that speed?? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1960618  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wrong forum better asking under general not on-road

That motor you can get cheaper from the manufacturer HobbyKing as that is a reseller (I'd guess almost half the cost)
Also without more specs can't tell that motor is for 1/10th vehicles.

As for converting a nitro revo to electric... might be better off selling the Revo RTR on ebay, and just buying a used one off ebay complete as electronics alone can cost around $200-$300 for vehicles of its size
I just say the last as someone who has done nitro to electric conversions in the past they usually never go exactly as planned(think I have had only 2 go smoothly, but that was buying all ready made parts), and good chunk of the time you end up with an inferior vehicle for double the cost.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 01-24-2014 at 08:27 AM.