Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

savox servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM
boomiea
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savox servos

Anyone tried the Savox servos? Their prices look good. I have been using Hitec of different sizes and had good luck. On one of my planes I use the HS 7955TG about $100 each.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:07 AM
swervo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm using a tg-1258 as a steering svo in a 1/10 off road car . this is probably the harshest environment a svo can have . still works perfectly after a ridiculous amount of gratuitous abuse over an 18 month period .
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

These are excellent servos from a company that has been around for awhile. They primarily produced servos that were marketed by large brand name companies. Align and several of the high end Spektrum servos are from Savox. Over the last several years, they've been marketing under their own name. These are not from some fly by night company, but a large industrial supplier called Tricore.

http://www.tricore.com.tw/

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial. I have no connection to this or any other RC company. Just a good product.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 AM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ditto Having used high end JR servos etc., the Savox I use (all types) are extremely well done and perform well - I did get an earful from a mfgr who makes voltage regs and does NOT like em.-
I assume they have high instant power peaks which cause their regs, fits.
the high power is needed if you want INSTANT responses
there is no free lunch.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:51 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

It's been 18 months does anybody have any more comments about these servo's?
Old 11-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Nothing other than mine continue to work extremely well. I've since bought more and they recently reduced their pricing.

If I have any complaint about these servos, it would be that a few servos seem to have a bit more gear lash than I would like but this is an exception and not the rule. This problem is certainly not limited to Savox though and over the years some of the major brands have had serious problems in this area and even in their high end product lines.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:30 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

I run them in lots of stuff that takes a lot of abuse, they work just fine.